Notices

Renewal......really ?

Old 12-31-2019, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts
Default Renewal......really ?

Dear F-2 Speedy,

Your access to the paid subscription "Platinum Member" is about to expire in 2 days.

If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,
Offshoreonly.com
Old 12-31-2019, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So no one else thinks this is a little rude, in your face, payup or you will be removed......8 year paying member supporting this site from the fist time i joined, I dont like the way this tast's
Old 12-31-2019, 06:14 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Only the "Platinum" access will be removed.

IMO, very poorly worded from IB's automated system.
It should first be thanking you for supporting OSO as a Platinum Member and then graciously asking for your continued support.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

speedy,i will tell you something that happened to me.a member misrepresented a carb he had for sale and i called him out on it.he complains to a moderator [not griff] and i got a time out.that was the end of me being a paying member,also i don,t offer a lot of tech help like i used to.the funny thing is the member who imo is dishonest is always peddling his used up junk on oso.these days you must be very careful about buying anything from a member you don,t really know.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

Received the same message yesterday, but what the heck, i dont care how it is written, i just renewed i get acces to what i need, that was my goal after now ... 15-16 years !
Old 12-31-2019, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mike tkach
speedy,i will tell you something that happened to me.a member misrepresented a carb he had for sale and i called him out on it.he complains to a moderator [not griff] and i got a time out.that was the end of me being a paying member,also i don,t offer a lot of tech help like i used to.the funny thing is the member who imo is dishonest is always peddling his used up junk on oso.these days you must be very careful about buying anything from a member you don,t really know.
I've noticed a decline in your posting in Tech help, but have always respected your input as an engine builder, pretty clear who know's their stuff and who doesn't
Old 12-31-2019, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
I've noticed a decline in your posting in Tech help, but have always respected your input as an engine builder, pretty clear who know's their stuff and who doesn't
thank you for the kind words.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

[QUOTE=mike tkach;4720307]speedy,i will tell you something that happened to me.a member misrepresented a carb he had for sale and i called him out on it.he complains to a moderator [not griff] and i got a time out.that was the end of me being a paying member,also i don,t offer a lot of tech help like i used to.the funny thing is the member who imo is dishonest is always peddling his used up junk on oso.these days you must be very careful about buying anything from a member you don,t really know.[/QUOT. You were one of the guys I could always trust when giving advice that it would be right.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Its All About the Money these days....
Old 01-03-2020, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not concerned about the cost, it just sounds like ( payupsucker )...... heck a nice lunch will cost you more than a years membership

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.