MSD vs Thunderbolt >

MSD vs Thunderbolt

Notices

MSD vs Thunderbolt

Old 02-16-2020, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Are you running o2 and spark knock sensors?
No I have a carburated blown motors.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:27 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I use to be a bigger fan of DS but not sure anymore about it. I do know for a fact that the EST distributor DS is selling currently comes from China or Taiwan -- one of those I forgot which place. On their page they state all USA built. Not sure about that but will find out

They are not the same company as a couple years ago. Just saying

Last edited by BUP; 02-16-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:23 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You can hook an MSD box to TB IV set up Info needed on how to hook up a MSD / Thunderbolt IV

I would only do this if you are having issues with fouling plugs though or want to change/add a rev limiter.
If you just want a different timing curve, then I'd look for a different TB IV module. IMO, the V8-HP has the best timing curve for most performance apps.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
You can hook an MSD box to TB IV set up Info needed on how to hook up a MSD / Thunderbolt IV

I would only do this if you are having issues with fouling plugs though or want to change/add a rev limiter.
If you just want a different timing curve, then I'd look for a different TB IV module. IMO, the V8-HP has the best timing curve for most performance apps.
I don't think I need it at all, what would be nice is a knock sensor though.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
I don't think I need it at all, what would be nice is a knock sensor though.
Sounds like a plan. It’s what whatever makes you comfortable. Sounds like your staying away from ign controls but just wanted to let it be known Daytona Sensors is based out of south Daytona FL and manufactured and assembled is US. Unless as of recent.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:37 PM
Registered

Sounds like a plan. It’s what whatever makes you comfortable. Sounds like your staying away from ign controls but just wanted to let it be known Daytona Sensors is based out of south Daytona FL and manufactured and assembled is US. Unless as of recent.
So does there ignition controls also offer a knock sensor? I'm not against them. That was the point of my original post. is there a reason that would be beneficial.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:58 PM
Registered

I opoligize for getting off the track. My bad and your correct. I didn't direct the post to your original thread. That does happen and I don't like it either.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:13 PM
Registered

I opoligize for getting off the track. My bad and your correct. I didn't direct the post to your original thread. That does happen and I don't like it either.
I wasn't being critical and I appreciate the information. That is why I come here, sharing of knowledge.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:59 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
So does there ignition controls also offer a knock sensor? I'm not against them. That was the point of my original post. is there a reason that would be beneficial.
with daytona you can use a map sensor and pull timing under boost, make a 3D timing table, there’s idle stabilization, start retard, rev limiter. There’s a lot of nice benefits with it. I run them and use the start retard and idle stabilization, rev limiter.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions
with daytona you can use a map sensor and pull timing under boost, make a 3D timing table, there’s idle stabilization, start retard, rev limiter. There’s a lot of nice benefits with it. I run them and use the start retard and idle stabilization, rev limiter.
Well said. Was covered already from another aftermarket ignition thread started by OP in January so I figured he knew.

Personally I wouldn’t be without ignition control especially on an SC build. To many benefits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.