496/Raylar 525 value

Notices

496/Raylar 525 value

Old 05-26-2020, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 496/Raylar 525 value

Evening, I may be looking to go in a different direction on a boat Iím looking at. It has a set of good running clean, low 350hr 496/Raylar 525s in it w Dana Marine flow torque exhaust. Boat has been run in fresh and salt, always flushed after salt runs. Iím curious what a ballpark figure would be to put on these motors if I decided to sell them? Thanks, appreciate the insight.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:46 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

One question I would have if I were a buyer is how long have the kits been installed / hours since installation and what components were used. What year are the motors? Also I noticed that these do not have the cool gap intake from raylar, so I'm assuming if done correctly the intake manifold plenum blockages have been been removed by porting. If its a older kit the heads would be cast and not CNC. Just a few things you might want to add to get a good price on them.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The pic shows donzimatt's Raylar 525s in his former Cig. It had Ported 90mm stock intakes with the newer cnc heads. Those engines will need marketed to a certain buyer and with today's climate is not good. I would think $ 6-8k per engine if your lucky.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I hear that, understood. Thanks. 150hrs they have been installed, yes the intakes have been ported, and the aluminum heads were used. The motors are 06s.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

So whats the rundown? Raylar 525 Cam, Raylar aluminum heads, Rallar roller rockers, stock ported intake with the full port job or just the throat, re-flashed ECU (by whom?)?

Unless you are total fuknut, swapping the heads on the 496 is basically go-no go - you cant do it wrong. Basically referring to the new head bolts and rockers that you run the nut down all the way and go...
Old 05-26-2020, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Good questions, thanks. I’ll check. I have no doubt they were assembled correctly.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta View Post
So whats the rundown? Raylar 525 Cam, Raylar aluminum heads, Rallar roller rockers, stock ported intake with the full port job or just the throat, re-flashed ECU (by whom?)?

Unless you are total fuknut, swapping the heads on the 496 is basically go-no go - you cant do it wrong. Basically referring to the new head bolts and rockers that you run the nut down all the way and go...
Additional info:
It is a fully ported intake done by Raylar. They cut the bottom out of the manifold and port from there. The ECM's are not reflashed from stock, the adjustment made for the added airflow from the cam, head, and intake change are by adding fuel pressure. There are O2 bungs in the exhaust risers and a wideband to dial in the AFR was used at the time of the install.
They also have a set of high volume oil pumps and larger thermostatic oil coolers in them now.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

donzimatt's build thread.....

Why is the Gen 7 496 such a bad platform to build
The following users liked this post:
Rhythm and Blues (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ryan00TJ View Post
Thanks. I hadn’t stumbled across that yet! Great find. Ok, so all the motor info is there. Hopefully with that and the above a price range can be determined. I will say that Matt has a highly tuned attention to detail, he pays close attention to all aspects and is extremely fastidious.

Last edited by Rhythm and Blues; 05-26-2020 at 11:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ryan00TJ (05-26-2020)