Notices

Donzi 21 Hornet 1986 rigging help

Old 07-13-2020, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi 21 Hornet 1986 rigging help

Hello, new member here from sweden.
Bought a nice Donzi 21 Hornet this summer. 🙂
unortunately, i cannot post pictures before i get 10 posts. But bear with me, she's worth it

its an restored 86 with a 7.4Mpi engine with imco powerflow exhaust. And a alpha one 1.86 drive.

This winter, im changing the drive to an Bravo unit (new transom assy lying in the shop already)

have anyone tried a -2" sportmaster on this hull, and/or a setback box?

the cavitation plate is 45mm above the keel at the moment, i have tried a few different props and pretty much came to the conclusion that i need bow lift props. Currently the boat works best with an 25P mirage+. But it does loose grip when i trim out fairly quick, gonna take the drum down ASAP, i think i have too much sternlift. So right now i got alot of hull in the water.

speedwise im doing 52.2 knots (5000rpm) a good day and 50 even with full tank.

have also tried these props:

4 blade powertech tro4 25P (13.75"dia)
44 knots (5000rpm) with LOADS of grip and could trim out more.

4 blade ron hill 26P labbed to 25P
46 knots (5000rpm) lots of slip before i got up on plane, theb LOADS of grip and could trim out for ages, but high slip..

keep in mind in turning these pitches becuse of the gear ratio.

hopefully ill get the revs down a little bit next season with 1.5 ratio bravo drive, im also gonna go thru the engine and change to big port heads, and a slightly better rollercam/valves etc.

But as said, have anyone tried/have a good recipe on rigging? Since i havent bought the bravo drive yet, i can get a -2 sportmaster, stock and extensionbox (even tough i think this boat looks better without box) or -2 with box..