Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Fountain Lightning 33 -WRAP TEMPLATE? >

Fountain Lightning 33 -WRAP TEMPLATE?

Notices

Fountain Lightning 33 -WRAP TEMPLATE?

Old 01-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain Lightning 33 -WRAP TEMPLATE?

One of my clients recently purchased a FOUNTAIN 33 Lightning powerboat and is looking to get it wrapped...either fully or partial.

I've been searching for a template for over 2 months now...other than the generic drawing in the manual (which is merely for positioning the boat parts/attributes and not to proper scale) I've been unable to find anything.

I'm hoping someone may already have a template or know where I can find one any direction or suggestion would be so greatly appreciated. I'm willing to pay if necessary.

Thank you for your time and any consideration!
Old 01-20-2021, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 192 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Rpisme13 View Post
One of my clients recently purchased a FOUNTAIN 33 Lightning powerboat and is looking to get it wrapped...either fully or partial.

I've been searching for a template for over 2 months now...other than the generic drawing in the manual (which is merely for positioning the boat parts/attributes and not to proper scale) I've been unable to find anything.

I'm hoping someone may already have a template or know where I can find one any direction or suggestion would be so greatly appreciated. I'm willing to pay if necessary.

Thank you for your time and any consideration!
Someone has it as there were a few wrapped.
Could you take a dead on side shot and create your own?
Old 01-20-2021, 02:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
Someone has it as there were a few wrapped.
Could you take a dead on side shot and create your own?
Of course but I want this to be as clean as possible, the template helps with all the nuances...
Old 01-20-2021, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 346 Likes on 182 Posts

I'm a little lost here. I thought that is what a vinyl shop does for it's business. I thought that is why it is so expensive is because you have to design templates and what not. Isn't this like asking for someones artistic files? When my painter did my renderings and cut the vinyl it was his designs, also it was added into the prices. When I design stuff for my 3D printing I wouldn't just give out my CAD files. Maybe it's different in this business. I'm just curious how this works.
The following users liked this post:
Griff (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 10:05 AM
Registered

IT WOULD BE if I was asking for a design or someones creative property...I'm merely looking for a simple vector template to work my own design into; like a blueprint. It's out there, just trying to find one. And yes, I do create my own templates as a last resort and this may be one of those times... but have no problem sharing it with another designer or sign shop. I'm just not stingy like that. Thank you for the chide perspective tho, very helpful!?
Old 01-21-2021, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 346 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Rpisme13 View Post
Thank you for the chide perspective tho, very helpful!?
Whoa! Don't take it that way. Inflection and tone is not conveyed through forums. I was actually curious if this was a common practice in the vinyl world. There are different brotherhoods throughout different industries. Some give the information some don't. I know a lot of EFI programmers lock and password protect their tunes. On the other hand, in my 3D printing world there is a lot of open source stuff out there, but they also tend to keep larger projects guarded.
Rpisme13 (01-22-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm not sure why you wouldn't just open Illustrator and create it. That's what we do when we screen print boats on shirts (we hand draw the boats from a photo) - kinda the same thing.
Wildman_grafix (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 03:42 PM
Registered

Lookin like where im headed..thx!
Old 01-21-2021, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
I'm a little lost here. I thought that is what a vinyl shop does for it's business. I thought that is why it is so expensive is because you have to design templates and what not. Isn't this like asking for someones artistic files? When my painter did my renderings and cut the vinyl it was his designs, also it was added into the prices. When I design stuff for my 3D printing I wouldn't just give out my CAD files. Maybe it's different in this business. I'm just curious how this works.
Yeah but drawing your own takes a ton of time, there were plenty of things I would just buy for my sign shop and move on. End up making more money buying something like that when its ready to go and being able to move onto the next project.