Trim cylinders >

Trim cylinders

Notices

Trim cylinders

Old 02-14-2021, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Trim cylinders

Working on calibrating / syncing my trim indicators and I've come to realize that my trim cylinders aren't the same between my drives

Have XR drives on ITS boxes.

The port cylinders are 16 1/4" to 22" c-c for a 5.75" stroke

The Starboard are 16 7/8" to 22 3/8" c-c for a 5.5" stroke

I've heard of limiters for the upward travel on XR's but why would the retracted dimensions be different ?

Thanks !

Doug

Old 02-14-2021, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I just rebuilt mine, and everything internally was the same on all 4 trim rams. Mine were also off ITS transoms. I added an additional spacer in each because I'm switching to SCX. Maybe someone replaced one set in the past.

If you open them up, which is easy, I bet you will find the spacers are either missing in one or different.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I just rebuilt mine, and everything internally was the same on all 4 trim rams. Mine were also off ITS transoms. I added an additional spacer in each because I'm switching to SCX. Maybe someone replaced one set in the past.

If you open them up, which is easy, I bet you will find the spacers are either missing in one or different.
Don't those just limit trim UP ?

My cylinder are off by 5/8" when retracted
Looking at things, I'm thinking my Starboard transom assembly is newer

I noticed there is a serial # break in the ITS transoms with different cylinder part numbers..

I wonder if they "redesigned" the newer ones ... Hmmm
Old 02-14-2021, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

True- is an an UP limit spacer. Look at the BAM site and see if there are different part numbers for the internals. There is a spring inside, that appears can be adjusted, mine were tightened all the way, so the spring was compressed. If one is tightened all the way and the other set isn't that would limit/change the down travel, but your out measurement should still be the same.