Velocity VR-1 Hull in Rough Water >

Velocity VR-1 Hull in Rough Water

Notices

Velocity VR-1 Hull in Rough Water

Old 03-04-2021, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Velocity VR-1 Hull in Rough Water

Anyone have any experience with these hulls in rough water? Just bought a '06 VR-1 and im curious as to how they handle rough waters. I live in New England and generally take my boat out of the mouth of the Merrimack, which can get pretty rough at times

Would have posted in the Velocity forums, but it dosent seem to be that active, so I posted here
Old 03-08-2021, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Tjmrider
Anyone have any experience with these hulls in rough water? Just bought a '06 VR-1 and im curious as to how they handle rough waters. I live in New England and generally take my boat out of the mouth of the Merrimack, which can get pretty rough at times

Would have posted in the Velocity forums, but it dosent seem to be that active, so I posted here
It's a low profile, light weight ~28' boat with a sizable pad and short bolsters so you can only expect so much! You can safely go out in the rough but you'll take some lumps! The 290 which shares the same hull, but with better bolsters and more weight, is a better rough-water ride. Definitely get some seat time before venturing out in the rough and it will pay dividends.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

What he said. LOL. It does take some seat time and knowing how to read the water. It is pretty much a sit down boat however I like to get my but off the seat and brace my feet against the foot rest, my back pushed into the backrest. It raises me up a little so I have better view and allows me to use my legs to cushion the ride. My bolsters are not stock so you will need to experiment. Before I got the VR 1 I had a 280 and I think the VR 1 rides better. Also you will learn that many times faster is a better ride.

Padraig