525efi shutting down intermittently

Notices

525efi shutting down intermittently

Old 06-22-2021, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 525efi shutting down intermittently

Code 19 overspeed
code 2 low voltage. Pretty sure this is from beginning of season when I had an alternator go bad
code 9 guardian
code 17 idle map
code 77 cam sensor.

pretty sure it would be the code 77 that is my issue if I was guessing. But my serial number 0M906244 doesn’t show a cam sensor. Just the crank and a knock sensor. I already replaced the crank sensor no change. I also didn’t reset code after I charged the crank sensor. Can someone help me out and let me know if I’m on the right track to replace the knock sensor? Or can I ohm it out to see if it’s in specs? Thanks

edit: I did figure out that the oil and cam sensor or the big round plate that would normally be where the distributor is. If I’m getting a cam code I’m guessing this is failing or could it still be the knock? If it is the cam is there anything special to changing that out or swapping it to other engine to confirm that’s the issue? Thanks

Last edited by Rheeder218; 06-22-2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone does this search the issue was the gear selector switch on top of the engine.