Offshore Mount >

Offshore Mount

Notices

Offshore Mount

Old 07-05-2021, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Offshore Mount

I was hoping the community here could help me out finding the right motor mounts for my project. I have a 1994 24' baja outlaw that I have been restoring and about ready to drop the engine in. It originally had a 454 big block in it but I have bored it out to a 468 and added a 575sci blower with fuel injection plate and expect to make approx. 650 HP. I originally picked up a set of Hardin marine billet mounts but thought with the extra power I thought it would be a good idea to switch over to a offshore style engine mounts vs the OEM style mounts, but having a hard time finding an offshore plate / mount that will work due to my inner stringer being narrow (about 21"). I found one thread on here talking about a narrow offshore mount but I want not able to determine who made the mount, or where to buy one. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 07-06-2021, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

had this problem years ago with a poorly built new baja. just make up something to cap and run down the sides of the stringers. like a c channel . then bolt them through the stringer and weld some studs to go in those hardin mounts.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Ah makes sense, thanks.