Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Setting base timing on Daytona sensors boxes? >

Setting base timing on Daytona sensors boxes?

Notices

Setting base timing on Daytona sensors boxes?

Old 08-14-2021, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Setting base timing on Daytona sensors boxes?

Setting base timing on Daytona ignition boxes,I have distributor locked out.i understand that I go into software and disable idle stabilization and multi spark options,all I want is to choose one of there preset timing curves from there instructions. My question where to set base timing with timing light and lock down distributor clamp.thx in advance for info,I did talk to Daytona sensors and was still confused with there info
Old 08-15-2021, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

You set your timing to the max you need. If you want 34” that’s where you set it , the ingintion box does the rest. There is a setting to disable the timing features wile you set your distributor .
Old 08-15-2021, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may need timing tape, that is a sticker that goes on your harmonic balancer , because stock balancers don't have the markings that go all the way up to 34" . I bought aftermarket balancers that are full marked.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My balancers are powerbond , or something like that. Very nice . Although the left one was very hard to install . Broke two balancer installers , but it's on there .