Chevy LS or newer LT? >

Chevy LS or newer LT?

Notices

Chevy LS or newer LT?

Old 11-22-2021, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Chevy LS or newer LT?

Chevy LS has been around for 20+ years now and there are some marine applications out there, like the Ilmor 570. Has anyone ever put one of the newer Chevy LT motors in a boat yet? Seems like outboards are winning the battle but the new LT would be great in a boat.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Pismo10
Chevy LS has been around for 20+ years now and there are some marine applications out there, like the Ilmor 570. Has anyone ever put one of the newer Chevy LT motors in a boat yet? Seems like outboards are winning the battle but the new LT would be great in a boat.
I keep thinking this would make a nice setup in my boat but the cost is $$$$$.

Way more power then the current HP500EFI, lighter, more room and 3 year warranty. You can get them with E-Top headers to help how they look.

https://marineenginedepot.com/new-62...-airpac-620-hp
Old 11-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

That is amazing,,, as is the price, not as bad as I thought tho. Nicely marinized. Says inboard setup. Add a Bravo bell and go sterndrive.

Direct injection at 2900psi and variable valve timing yield a very nice torque/hp curve.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Pismo10
That is amazing,,, as is the price, not as bad as I thought tho. Nicely marinized. Says inboard setup. Add a Bravo bell and go sterndrive.

Direct injection at 2900psi and variable valve timing yield a very nice torque/hp curve.
Or from these guys. I have done some research on these, basically GM build the motors and does the tuning, these guys add the marine stuff on them. They are designed by GM to be a marine motor, at least from the GM web site. I talked with marine power and they will set them up for a bravo app.
They have a pretty generic dyno curve on this site TQ numbers are nice.

https://www.kemequipment.com/marine-...#product-title

https://poweredsolutions.gm.com/products/lt4-engine/
Old 11-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Check out the offerings from Blue Print Engines.

https://blueprintengines.com/collect...r-up-to-800-hp
Old 11-22-2021, 05:11 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

The crazy guy from Swamp people put one in his aluminum swamp jet boat last season ir so before he disappeared off the show.

Edit in: Shelby was his name. How could I forget. lol
Old 11-22-2021, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 245 Posts

what ever happened to shelby? he was a hoot! i wouldnt ride or work with him though but fun to watch from a distance
The following users liked this post:
SB (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

I’m doing the LS swap right now. The build was straight forward but hardest part was using higher end everything (bearings, rings, etc for higher prolonged rpm use)m high cost of exhaust manifolds around 2k, and then the cost of closed cooling about 1-1.5k.

those LT4’s look awesome. Small pulley upgrade and tune you got 700hp. I haven’t explored a swap for that.

I got a 5.3 for free out of a 2008 Silverado. Tore it down to block. Deleted dod, new cam, ls7 lifters, new main bearing (kings xp), new cam bearings (clevite heaviest duty I could get), new connecting rod bearings (kings xp), new pistons, rings, valve spring upgrade, new timing chain, trunnion upgrade, valve job, custom tune. May go term x if they ever come back in stock. I did get the flange adapter from marine engine depot and some other cooling system parts from them. My experience was they wanted to sell a whole engine not parts. Cool and all but customer service could’ve been better.

I anticipate 450hp with accessories more like 400. Should be perfect on my bravo 3. I wish it’d been a 6.0 or I had the money to stroke it to 383. But such is life.

mostly summit and then the mercruiser bell housing and coupler. Note you need a generic gm flywheel not a flexplate to mount the coupler to. I had to drill 2 holes in bell housing but was easy.

I think the LT is the future but the LS isn’t going anywhere.