Notices

trim diodes

Old 06-02-2022, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default trim diodes

i have a 98 42 fountain that im starting to have a issue with trim on starboard drive been i dont think its the pump as im able to jump across terminals and motor raise and lower drive been reserching and im thinking its in the diodes is there simple test to diagnose my issue ? is it common for diode tio go out ? and lastly did fountain use the mercruise diode kits not sure what im looking for i assume they would be under dash by switches or are they back by pumps any help would be great. thanks in advance

later
Old 06-02-2022, 09:16 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The diodes are wired in between the throttle trim switches and the dash trim switch wiring.
Is it happening with both the dash switches and the throttle trim switch??
I would more lean toward a wire being loose on the back side of the dash trim switches. I've had that happen a few times.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

yes it happens on all switches for that drive they will go up but not down i thought it was a solinod and replaced but theat didnt fix the issue