Innovate wideband rpm signal >

Innovate wideband rpm signal

Notices

Innovate wideband rpm signal

Old 06-08-2022, 01:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Innovate wideband rpm signal

Hi, I’m going to be using the innovate LM2 to tune my 502 mag mpi with mefiburn software.
has anyone got the analog cable to work to datalog RPM and MAP from the ECU signals? Or even the spark plug lead clamp for RPM?
Old 06-08-2022, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

You should have Scanner Pro and TunerPro with MEFI burn software. Scanner Pro will scan and log all the data. You can make changes to the tables with TunerPro and MEFI burn simply does the handshake with the ECU to copy or burn the new load. For the wideband data I simply note the AFRs at certain rpm/MAP break points and then adjust fuel tables accordingly. Slow go at first but as you become more adept things go a little quicker.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trash
You should have Scanner Pro and TunerPro with MEFI burn software. Scanner Pro will scan and log all the data. You can make changes to the tables with TunerPro and MEFI burn simply does the handshake with the ECU to copy or burn the new load. For the wideband data I simply note the AFRs at certain rpm/MAP break points and then adjust fuel tables accordingly. Slow go at first but as you become more adept things go a little quicker.
do you usually tune with someone in the boat taking notes or recording?
The following users liked this post:
articfriends (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 824 Likes on 377 Posts

he's wanting to datalog the afrs using the innovate features, I bought the inductive pickup for mine and some other stuff then never ended up using it, ended up just making notes by hand, LOL
Old 06-09-2022, 07:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
he's wanting to datalog the afrs using the innovate features, I bought the inductive pickup for mine and some other stuff then never ended up using it, ended up just making notes by hand, LOL
not worth using the inductive pick up then? Spose it’s just as good taking notes
Old 06-09-2022, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 824 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanyb82
not worth using the inductive pick up then? Spose it’s just as good taking notes
The inductive pickup and a data log of afrs would be real sweet, once I bought all that stuff and looked at it though, if i remember right it has no ability to record MAP vs afr so youd have to data log with scanner pro AND with your innovate program then try to sync them, since half the time I cant see my laptop in bright sunshine, it was easier, not necessarily better for me to just write notes while driver/owner of the boat follows my instruction, ie, ok, hold it here at 3000, ok move to 3200, ok, drag tabs so we hit a different map setting, ok, trim it high to hit a low map setting, ok, move to 3400, etc, etc
Old 06-09-2022, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanyb82
do you usually tune with someone in the boat taking notes or recording?
I would take notes in one of two ways. Log with Scanner Pro and write down AFRs at specific breakpoints on a preprinted form (excel spreadsheet). Shut the boat off and float while I made adjustments. Upload and test etc.

I am running the MTX-L wideband unit and had software to display wideband on my laptop. I would display that and scanner pro simultaneously and screen record the entire session. I would play back the screen record session making notes of where AFRs needed adjustments.

It can be overwhelming at first but realize the motor mostly operates in a football shaped ellipse within the MAP/BPW/RPM table. In other words 100 kPa and 500 rpm or less is not a real operating parameter in a boat, so don't spend a lot of time trying to tune that as it is virtually impossible to even reach that set point. In the same way 0-40 kPa and 5000 rpm is not a region within the table that needs a lot of initial attention.

Hope that helps. Bottom line is I did not use any of the other Innovate logging software that involved timing etc. Only data via scanner pro.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:57 PM
Registered

I would take notes in one of two ways. Log with Scanner Pro and write down AFRs at specific breakpoints on a preprinted form (excel spreadsheet). Shut the boat off and float while I made adjustments. Upload and test etc.

I am running the MTX-L wideband unit and had software to display wideband on my laptop. I would display that and scanner pro simultaneously and screen record the entire session. I would play back the screen record session making notes of where AFRs needed adjustments.

It can be overwhelming at first but realize the motor mostly operates in a football shaped ellipse within the MAP/BPW/RPM table. In other words 100 kPa and 500 rpm or less is not a real operating parameter in a boat, so don't spend a lot of time trying to tune that as it is virtually impossible to even reach that set point. In the same way 0-40 kPa and 5000 rpm is not a region within the table that needs a lot of initial attention.

Hope that helps. Bottom line is I did not use any of the other Innovate logging software that involved timing etc. Only data via scanner pro.
with the lm2 is there software to get the afrs to read on the laptop also? And has anyone tried the analog cable with mefi? Says you can tap into rpm and map with that