Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Holley 1150 Dominator with Adjustable Main jets! >

Holley 1150 Dominator with Adjustable Main jets!

Notices

Holley 1150 Dominator with Adjustable Main jets!

Old 07-09-2023, 06:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley 1150 Dominator with Adjustable Main jets!

So, What up all?! hope everyone's getting their hot boat licks in this summer so far ; Got what I believe; could be an interesting challenge,
Maybe not for the Old School Marine motor heads!
I have a Holley 7320, that came with adjustable main jets, when I purchased the boat, ( having a washed out #7 CYL.) ( which I don't believe is related) seeking some help and feedback,
if anyone has knowledge or better yet experience, playing with them. would really liked to hear from y'all
#1 Question, Is mixture screw adjustment direction same as Idle mixture i.e. ( LEAN~IN / RICH~OUT I believe?)
#2 is this a better option, are going back to fixed inter-changeable jets better??

Old 07-10-2023, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts

There's a reason the adjustable main jet idea just didn't catch on. It's a mess. If you don't have a digital A/F meter you never really know when your close. As far as the idle screws go I really can't say. I've never ran into a Holley that was backwards. Though there are supposed to be a few out there.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, That most certainly makes sense, and appreciate the response, I was actually considering the A/F ratio sensors on both banks, and running gauges on the dash, if the A/F setup doesn't work, considering breaking out the B.O.A.T. Wallet and having a quick fuel custom setup, not ready to jump into EFI yet, Next motor, probably!
Thanks Again!
Old 07-13-2023, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts

Before you go with QF, give APD in Genoa, Oh. a call. Much more personal and they've been around a lot longer than QF.
Old 07-13-2023, 02:36 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

What size motor are you running ?
Old 07-14-2023, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
What size motor are you running ?
Good question for OP. He might be way over carbed. NS. I’m running out of the box 7320’s (2 circuit) on my 565’s and they work great! Acceleration is incredible even in an old 12 m straight bottom. Gotta tk valako for that!!!
The following users liked this post:
TomZ (07-14-2023)