Donzi - Blackhawk - IMCO >

Donzi - Blackhawk - IMCO

Notices

Donzi - Blackhawk - IMCO

Old 10-22-2023, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Donzi - Blackhawk - IMCO

I have been trying to suit up my Blackhawk drive with IMCO hydraulic dual rams. I have a single-engine 22 Blackhawk that needs it, but I cannot determine the best ram mounting locations (drive and transom). I have seen many other 22's, but no 22 Blackhawk boats and certainly none that have the full 50 degrees of stock steering (I can get a setup for 40-44 degrees, but the boat is hard enough to maneuver without that reduction!). Mine has Mercury racing 28 tabs and the transom brackets seem to be at the root of the problem. I thought about fabricating a bridge to mount the rams to, but I wanted to see if anyone has done this before. Any comments would be appreciated
Old 10-23-2023, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Have you talked to Imco? Ram length, bracketry, etc.., all make a difference on how you can set things up.
Old 10-28-2023, 11:16 AM
Registered

Default Blackhawk rams

Yes, I have been working with IMCO on this and are getting close to a solution. Problem seems to be the rarity and low volume of these drives.
Old 11-04-2023, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I did this on a 22 Daytona Blackhawk several years ago. It was definitely a head scratcher for a non professional like me but it turned out great and gave me so much better control of the boat plus a lot more strength in the gimble.
I can’t remember the length of the rams. The only manufacturer I could find for the steering Ram plate for the Blackhawk was WPM. Imco really only has a couple lengths of rams they make. Maybe you can tell what length I used from the picture? I never measured the degree of turn but it was always plenty. I just used trial, error and prayer to get geometry correct.

The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (11-04-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

It would add 7” of setback, but doesn’t the Blackhawk bolt up to a bravo transom asm? So then a ITS would work… no more holes in boat

Could always just sell the boat to me as well… 😉
Old 11-04-2023, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by sandslot
Yes, I have been working with IMCO on this and are getting close to a solution. Problem seems to be the rarity and low volume of these drives.
i did mine on an ITS box, drive and one set of props are still for sale

The following 3 users liked this post by offshoredrillin:
Gimme Fuel (11-06-2023), IGetWet (11-04-2023), miller high life (11-04-2023)
Old 03-06-2024, 06:52 AM
Registered

Default blackhawk rams

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
I did this on a 22 Daytona Blackhawk several years ago. It was definitely a head scratcher for a non professional like me but it turned out great and gave me so much better control of the boat plus a lot more strength in the gimble.
I can’t remember the length of the rams. The only manufacturer I could find for the steering Ram plate for the Blackhawk was WPM. Imco really only has a couple lengths of rams they make. Maybe you can tell what length I used from the picture? I never measured the degree of turn but it was always plenty. I just used trial, error and prayer to get geometry correct.

Thank you for the information, very helpful.

What brand of cooler is on the boat and is it effective?