HELP Flooded cabin Baja 40 Outlaw

Notices

HELP Flooded cabin Baja 40 Outlaw

Old 04-19-2024, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by AZBAJA
Covered the cockpit 4 months ago with cabin door closed. Open today (prep for Desert Storm) to find 5" of stagnant water and mold growing on the upholstery.

Pumped out and removed the cockpit entry step to find a compartment filled with water and a floating bilge pump
This is my 3rd Baja. 1st one with a sink, bathroom/shower 2004 40' Oulaw in what was pristine condition. Maybe the water tank broke and flooded?
If you have deck hardware not sealed it doesn't take too much rain to fill it up. I don't know the construction material on those but if they have wood up there it's probably soaked. pull everything out and put some fans in there for a while blowing air around. Once it's dry lay a bag of charcoal in there with the side cut open to absorb the funky smells. Store that thing under a roof next time.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Buh WHY?
story I always heard was after a lawsuit where someone died from generator exhaust getting in the cabin of a 38 they started sealing that bulkhead all the way to the bottom of the hull in anything with a cabin.