b max outdrive will it last >

b max outdrive will it last

Notices

Old 01-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hay guys we have a 43 blackthunder and were skatering bravo drives thinking about using b max 500 hp efis 12000.00 lbs hefty boat if any body knows about the b max let me know please thank you
Old 01-09-2003, 08:01 PM
rpm

We have done many. Call me if you'd like to know more.

Rod

920-236-4220

Old 01-09-2003, 08:19 PM
OutlawBob1000

Cool

I'm running a B-max behind a 1000hp 572.It's been two seasons now and about 120hrs. It's been running in mostly rough water and poker runs. When I first dropped the 572 in, I figured I would blow the drive, a bravo one, which was at least stonger than stock. It had stronger gears and better bearings. It held up to other engines that I had in the boat which were a 515 hp and a 610 hp. But the first test run with the 572 the upper blew apart on the first full throttle pass. Because I anticipated it blowing I already had a boat sitting there waiting to tow me in. I rebuilt the upper with even stronger parts and still blew the upper. So that's when I went out and bought the B-Max. After blowing 2 uppers apart I was hesitant to open the throttle up on the B-Max. I let the drive break in and I even changed the oil (I use Amsoil 2000 series 75/90) and then I took it out to see if it could handle all the torque. Thank god it did. So I proceeded to take it out in the rough waters and poker runs and run it hard. I have such confidence in the B-Max now that I'm never worried about blowing it. At the end of this past season the drive was pulled and torn down and showed no sign of wear or problems. And needless to say, lube was like new. The only problem I had with the B-Max was shift problems. I have bought 1 of the first 50 drives sold, so since then the Bravo Shop has come out with a better shift linkage that hooks up to the barrell of the shirt cable.
note: if you do purchase B-Max's you don't set the shift up the way you would with a stock Bravo shift. I'll tell you about that later if you do purchase the drives. I do run a light boat with this drive which may be the reason why I have had no problems at all. I have heard of guys with heavy boats running B-Max's that were breaking prop shafts. I believe this is an X-dimension problem. I have heard of no one actually blowing the upper gears on the B-Max, which of course is the weak point of all other Bravo 1 drives. The B-Max upper is as strong as a #six drive. I consider myself a pretty good throttle man, but there's been times, and I'm sure it's happened to us all, where the prop has broke water and the r's were way too high on the prop's re-entry. I would swear that if I didn't have a B-max back there, that any other drive would have blown in these instances. And I'm not talking about the stock Bravo's, I'm talking about everyone who claims they have a strong Bravo for today's high horse power engines. I have heard of guys running up to 1400 hp in some drag boats with the B-Max. Pretty impressive! Hope I enlightened you about the B-Max drive.

Old 01-10-2003, 10:04 AM
michigandale

Install a Pulse Drive for increased performance, and added reliability. There is a Great Lakes Region Distributor near Bay City that can help you. 888-818-6039

Old 01-10-2003, 11:59 AM
bobby daniels

PULSE DRIVE OR IMCO SC ONLY

Old 01-10-2003, 12:08 PM
blown1500

Bobby Daniels has my vote. If I had the money for all the time I spent R&Ring and trying to make B-Maxs just go into gear, I could buy a pulse drive!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2003, 04:05 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THEIRS OVER 700 B-MAX'S OUT THEIR RUNNIG, POKER RUNNING,RACING,ECT. YOUR BOAT WILL NOT HURT A B-MAX!ANY DRIVE THAT USES MERCURY UPPER GEARS IS STILL A MERCURY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO IT! YOU CANT MAKE A PURSE OUT OF A PIGS EAR!BIGGER GEARS IS STRONGER.THAT'S A FACT. RON BENDER
Old 01-10-2003, 04:23 PM
bobby daniels

YEP THEY IS STRONGER (QUOTE)---- BUT LIKE 1500 SAYS IF IT TAKES 10 TIMES ON AND OFF TO GET IT TO WORK WHO CARES IF THE GEARS ARE 36 INCHS ,THEY ARE ON THE WAY TO A GOOD PRODUCT AND HOPE YOU HAVE LUCK SELLING THEM ,JUST CALL PEOPLE BACK AND BE READY FOR WARRANTY, THEY MAY HAVE 700
OUT THERE BUT EVEN A BLIND HOG GEATS AND ACORN EVERY NOW AND THEN !!
HEY THIS IS NOT BASHING ITS JUST THE FACTS AS I KNOW THEM ,
I WISH YOU GUYS LUCK FOR REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2003, 04:42 PM
bobby daniels

JUST WANTED TO SAY ALSO THE GUY AT B-MAX ALWAYS STOOD BEHIND THE PRODUCT ,ALWAYS ,IT WAS JUST HAVING TO DEAL WITH IT ,,,,BUT STILL BEST OF LUCK

I LIKE THE IMCO S C

Old 01-10-2003, 04:44 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I NEED TO TALK TO HIM TO SEE WHAT THE CONDITIONS OF THE SHIFTING ARE.I HAVE 3 ON MY OL AND ALL SHIFT PERFECT. AS I HAVE SAID BEFOR B-MAX IS ONLY GETTING BETTER & BETTER AS TIME GOES ON.IF THEIR IS A PROB. IT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF. O BY THE WAY IT'S A BLIND SQUIRREL

Quick Reply: b max outdrive will it last

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.