Not as good as a modern Big Block Chevy unless supercharged >

Not as good as a modern Big Block Chevy unless supercharged

Notices

Not as good as a modern Big Block Chevy unless supercharged

Old 02-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Game on .... And ALL the top fuel/funny car/most top sportsman cars are Hemis.....So the new pro stock Hemi is a fake... I think it's just a marketing ploy to tie in with the "new" Hemi in the trucks. You know kind of like Chevys' "like a rock "thing whoooo I'm all a twitter just writing it........
Old 02-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Formula
Yea the sleeper image went away with the stock hood, which resides safe and warm in the garage.
YES THEY DID!
Old 02-08-2003, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I think Chrysler came back with the Hemi in pro stock because they were tired of all the old timers walking by the Chyrsler pro-stockers and asking what kind of motor it was after the wayne county "break in" days. Those were just Pontiac headed motors with a Chrysler symbol.

It seems most die hard chrysler guys are living in the 60's
Old 02-08-2003, 08:05 AM
blown1500

Truth HURTS sometimes, right RumRunner!
Say, did they ever figure out what those funny wires running to the Wayne County Pro Stock engines were???

Old 02-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rumrunner,
Facts are facts, the truth is Mopar guys haven't had much to cheer about in the past 25-30 years. I hope things will change with the arrival of the "new" Hemi, and rear drive platforms. Even the old big block heads were a pretty lousey copy of the SBC head
with no short side on the exhaust... dogs all done by 4500 rpm.
Blown1500
pretty sure those were nitrious lines, that whole thing was a real black eye to the Mopar faithful.
I may be a die hard but facts are facts! No rose colored glasses here.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Tom McCann

I am a chevy man all the way but the chrysler hemi is the motor to use for drag racing using a blower. It is still used today in NRHA top fuel dragsters. The same design as when it was first introduced back in the 50s. Im surprised alot of you know what a hemi is. These kids these days think performance is adding a huge wing on the back of your car and thumping bass. Kids dont understand that old school is where its at. Look at that movie Fast and The furious, Yeah it made me furious to watch that charger flip over. Come on that charger would of been 4 car lengths ahead of that JAP SCRAP in 100 feet. The only reason I saw that movie was to see the charger. All those JAp scraps running around sounded like my snowmobile. Made me sick. When I was 18 I was wrenching on real cars. Throw a set of cragar ss's on ,yellow traction bars, stuff as wide a tire on the back as you can , headers with header mufflers and intant hot rod. Those of you my age know what Im talking about. I feel kind of bad for kids these days they really dont have a vehicle to work with any more. We had real montys and impalas to work with. Times are changing. Im going to stay in my little time warp. Thank you.

Old 02-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wheew.... thanks Tom I thought I was the only one on here in the time warp. I can respect anything fast, hell I hate to admit it but I've seen some pretty tastfully done jap cars, even had a hopped up turbo supra on the Hemis ass till Third gear. The kid was totaly cool and gave me the props at the next light, said how much he digs the "old stuff". Anyway for me it's old school or stay the f!*k home HEHEHE. BTW I'm not even 40 yet!
Old 02-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Formula

Go easy on the 944's you'll hurt my feelins.
Old 02-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Tom,im with you,1970,65 chevelle,396,4 speed,4.56 gears,11.80 street car,surprised quite a few 427s,455s,440s, tripps
Old 02-09-2003, 07:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Formula,
Boats and motorcycles, the last refuge for the gear head. I have a feeling it won't be long before they start on boat emissions, they've already started with cats on bikes, and four stroke outboards.
Although I've tuned up the wifes Jeep Grand Cherokee to run 15.2 @88 and still pass emissions. That thing is loads of fun at the stop light grand prix ....

Quick Reply: Not as good as a modern Big Block Chevy unless supercharged

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.