Notices

Pre-oilers

Old 02-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-oilers

Does anyone have experience useing a pre-oiler. I would like to istall them of my 500EFI's. Do you need one for each engine? Who makes a good unit and are they easy to install yourself?
Old 02-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Masterlube makes a real good one, I've spoken to the owner/inventor. They also act as acumulators. A little expensive but probably worth it. I think they were about $400 each.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:19 PM
blown1500

Quest for Speed, I have used the Masterluber, too, and liked it very much. Also, Moroso and Canton make mechanical units that are accumulators you can add a valve to to make into prelubers. You can just use a gate valve or electric valves are available. Many other kits are available. I think you need one on any engine as most wear occurs at startup. Racers ALWAYS pump up the oil pressure before firing an engine, especially ones built for endurance(ie boat).
You need one for each engine.

Old 02-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

There are also electric pumps that will either act as a preoiler OR an oil change pump. Add valves and a reversing switch and you can change your oil by dropping a hose into an empty bucket and pumping her out, then dropping it into a bucket of fresh oil and swapping a valve and filling her up.

The electric ones are more $$.
I run Masterlubers. Blown has the price about right, but you can add the $60 electric valve to anybody's 2 qt accumulator and have the same setup.