Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Dennis Moore >

Dennis Moore

Notices

Dennis Moore

Old 02-22-2003, 10:18 AM
maverick1

Question Dennis Moore

O.K. I'll bite. Who is Dennis Moore, and how/why does a guy give good tech advice out here -- rather than just tease us to buy your "secret" cam/ manifold / systems etc????

Independently wealthy????

Independently insane????

I know there are some "good guys" out there but I seem to have learned over time that "good guys" come in "last --- dead last"

Curious / MAV

PS - haven't bought the "book" (you're book) but probably will -- just to see if it is as good as everyone says......

Last edited by maverick1; 02-22-2003 at 10:20 AM.

Old 02-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Dennis Moore

Default I need the ideas!

Dear Maverick
I need the ideas and the latest topics and trends (that are on the minds) of the high performance boating people to write magazine articles for the industry. This is the best place to find out what you guys are thinking. There is enthusiasm for high performance out there that many of the publications have not tapped into (and have little enthusiasm for). We need more magazines like Primedia Publications Hot Rod and Car Craft (that are performance and technically based) for the marine industry. I work for Primedia Publishing now and the closest thing they have to a marine magazine is the "Wet Toys" section of Truckin' Magazine (what I was hired for). With enough public support they will come out with a high performance boating magazine that will make all of the other boating magazines look insignificant. They are testing the waters with participation in the LA Boat show with a booth/display for Truckin' Magazine. As a matter of fact I am off to the boat show right now!
Sincerely
Dennis Moore

Old 02-22-2003, 12:36 PM
doug hess

Marverick1 Before you dig your self a deeper hole why don't you read Dennis's book first and see why people consider them must have references

Old 02-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be a subscriber to a magazine related to tech articles on performance boats, were do I send my check!!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 05:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maverick,
Just buy the book Barnes and Noble will have it on the shelf if not they will have it for you in a couple of days.
I received the book as a gift from my daughter who worked at Barnes and Noble. I was so impressed with the qualified information in the book I went out and aquired ten copies and gave them to my gearhead boating friends. They all thought they new a lot about big blocks until they read the book then they realized what they did not know. It is a great reference. The book answers a lot of questions that you cannot get answers for anywhere else.
Have you ever called a parts warehouse and asked a technical question. All they can deal with is the computer screen in front of them and nothing else.
Good Luck
Brian
Old 02-23-2003, 10:30 AM
doug hess

Send Dennis an email and you can buy the book directly from him getting an autographed copy to boot. It may also be a way of improving the author's very modest return.

Old 02-23-2003, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought his book last month on Smallblocks
I learned a lot that I did'nt know . My next book
is his big block book But I might wait until he revises it to include
the new 496 motors.