Prop Help PLease! >

Prop Help PLease!

Notices

Prop Help PLease!

Old 06-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Help PLease!

I just found this site and I have so many questions. Hope I don't bore you all with my stupid questions.

First I need a prop and need help choosing one. I have tried a few differnt props on my boat. I have a 84 Monza 27 foot with a 330 hp mercruser 454. the motor is stock as far as I know.

When I bought the boat it had a 15p on it and would spin 5400 rpm, speed was very slow. I don't have a gps to tell and the dash speedo didn't even work at this time.

I tried a 21 Mirage at WOT rpm was closer to 4200. MPH was much better. And it came up to plane ok.

I now have a 21 cleaver on it. WOT rpm is around 4300 top speed seems faster than the mirage, but I have no way of knowing for sure. Takes for ever to plane.

From what I know about props which is very little. Im thinking I should look at a 19p. This should get my rpm back up closer to peak hp range, right? But which 19 sholud I go with or should I look into a 17p.

The boat seems to be very heavy I'm guessing 6500 lbs. I don't know for sure or how to find out. I can't find out any information on this boat at all.

Any Idea how fast this boat should run or how to find out. I'm guessing it runs about 40mph now. Speedo indicates around 35 but i was next to someone with a gps they were running 37mph and I was slowly pulling away.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Rob
Old 06-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Registered

I'd try a 19 p mirage + and see what you get and if you have a little more rpm to play with than darin @ houstonprop can lab it for you and prolly even pitch it a little but that prop should get you close from what you've explained. he does great work
BTW: welcome aboard
Old 06-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Registered

You can get a hold of Darin at [email protected] He'll hook you up just give him all the info you can about your boat.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:38 AM
Registered

Thumbs up WELCOME TO THE BOARD

No question is dumb or boring there is so many members on this site that has "THE" answer to whatever it may be.

props ,motors,drives,fiberglass,trailers and so much more,but back to yours, I would try a 17 Mirage plus stock and a 19 Mirage plus stock ,see how they perform and check the rpm the 19 Mirage plus will probably be the best however it may need the blades thinned out and balanced to perfection this will increase the overall perfomace and efficiency of the boat. welcome to the Board
Darin Houston Propeller

Last edited by HOUSTONPROP; 06-05-2003 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:43 AM
Registered

Thanks Everyone. and thaks for the welcome. Looks like theres a ton of good information to be had here,

Where is the best place to buy a Mirage Plus?

I have been looking at so many props and that is what really has me confused. I found a Michiagan Wheel Prop for 320 shipped to my door. Is this prop so cheap beacuse its a POS? Is this prop similar to a Mirage? I dont mind spending more money on the Mirage if it's better.

Thanks Rob
Old 06-05-2003, 07:50 AM
Registered

Stay with the Merc props.
If you look you should be able to find a Mirage for the same money right here on this board. Check the classifieds sections.
Where are you located?
You should try and find a shop or board member that will loan you a prop to try before buy it.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:54 AM
Registered

Here's a 19 mirage for $200 used

http://server1.offshoreonly.com/cgi-...uery=retrieval

Look around and youll find what you need
Good luck
Old 06-05-2003, 08:27 AM
Registered

I'm located in 30 mins west of Cleveland Ohio.

Thanks for the link.

Rob
Old 06-08-2003, 06:29 AM
Registered

Default 19 PITCH MIRAGE

YOU NEED TO GRAB THE 19 P. MIRAGE LISTED ABOVE , ITS A GREAT DEAL AND CAN BE WORKED IF NEEDED TO TAILOR YOUR NEEDS./ Darin
Old 06-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Registered

thanks darin i did buy it. once i get it i'll post results. if i need it worked ill contact you.

Rob

Quick Reply: Prop Help PLease!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.