Best Bravo Drives >

Best Bravo Drives

Notices

Best Bravo Drives

Old 06-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Bravo Drives

What is the Best and the Worst aftermarket Bravo {shiftable] drive on the market? I lost an ITS-XR with 20 hours. 38' Whipplecharged 500 EFI'S [about 800 HP]and want to replace both drives, with better lower's [speedmasters or ?].

Imco, B-Max, Max Machine Worx, or Teague, any comments on reliability, performance, and service after the sale would be appreciated.

Thanks Steve
Old 06-04-2003, 09:48 PM
cbudge

Imco new 4X4 drive, I use it and it so far is flawless and shifts like smooth. behind 1000 hp.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:38 AM
bobby daniels

I use alot of Imco's their cheaper than b-max and don't start with all the trouble but really they all break

I like Imco's but they have problems like the rest

Old 06-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Registered

I have talked to Imco, Teague, Max Machine and The Bravo Shop. I like what Max Machine is telling me about there complete package [sportmaster 2" lowers]. Before I commit to the complete set-up about $23,000. I wanted other members comments with regards to the above firms. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
Old 06-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Arron at Max Machine treated me very well. They upgraded my XR with upper shaft, bearings and top cap.
Seem to be very upfront and helpful.
So far the drive is holding up very well. Still a little gun shy after I detonated my X drive ;o)
Old 06-05-2003, 02:30 PM
WALKIN THE DOG

Friend of mine has a HTM runs mid 130's on kill. He punishes his drive @ 16lbs of boost (1471). He had a stock xr drive and it lasted about 2 passes. Insurance bought a new one and he sent the upper to max machine and has 30 passes at least with no problems. I'm sending mine to them in a month or so. Apparently the uppers are the weak link, unless you air it out on the stick.

Old 06-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Registered

I'm going with MMWX. Ive heard too many bad things about Imco.
DAVE
Old 06-05-2003, 06:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I am running MMW drives now on my whippled PQ so far so good. about only 5 hours. Get drive showers for them too. I did not and when at high speed the drive temps got up to arround 270. I rairly seen 200 with the IMCO SC's last year with the built in shower. I will be adding showers to mine soon!

P.S. I delt with Jason at MMW
Old 06-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Here is a pict
Attached Thumbnails Best Bravo Drives-dsc_1211_jpg.jpg  
Old 06-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Registered

Ray
Why did you change to Max? I remember when you posted your new Imco drives. I am also going to purchase the 2"shorter sportmaster's with spacer's to experiment with the X-dimension.
Are you going to run in the Smoke on the water poker run? I entered months ago, although I will still attend I won't be able to run due to my broken drive.

Quick Reply: Best Bravo Drives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.