speaker ???'s >

speaker ???'s

Notices

speaker ???'s

Old 06-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Forrest....

You're right....I should have called, but I got a wild hair after hearing my stereo and bought more speakers on impulse.

Seriously Forrest.....I can't thank you enough.......

You helped me avoid the learning curve & buying **** !!!
I know I could have spent a whole lot more money, but that would have cut into my new motor project.

Regards......CJG.

CJG.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Registered

The Babb speakers use an aluminum cone. The speaker is designed from the ground up as a true marine speaker. Call me in the am and I will get you a deal.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:40 AM
Registered

Originally posted by US1 Fountain
Dan, you were able to mount 2 at the front lower side compartments? I have to check this area for enough flat mounting space.
I enlarged the two 6 1/2 holes under the rear seat for one pair of 6x9's. I mounted another speaker on the port side under the cup holder by the cabin door. The other speaker is mounted on the side panel under the dash. I did not enclose this area yet. It still sounds good. I am running the speakers full range, no crossovers. I have the speakers wired so the amp see's them as 2 ohms instead of 4 ohms. I know the installers don't like doing this. The amp works harder. A friend, back in the 80's, had his punch 45 running 24 speakers. He was an installer and won a lot of events. That car rocked! 45 watt amp! I think the Rockford amps are built to handle 2ohm's with no problem.

Any questions give me a call at 708-218-1566.

Dan

Andy,
I hear you did a fantastic system for Side by Sides 2500HD. I have to catch up with him to check it out. My 2500 still has the factory radio. I need to correct that soon.