Prop Labbing recommendation & Flame arrester?'s >

Prop Labbing recommendation & Flame arrester?'s

Notices

Prop Labbing recommendation & Flame arrester?'s

Old 06-18-2003, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Prop Labbing recommendation & Flame arrester?'s

I am looking for some advice on labbing a prop and the effectiveness of an after market flame arrester.

I have a 95 Powerquest 270 Laser with 454 Mag EFI 385hp (stock flame arrester) turning a 21p Mirage (not a plus) and my top speed is 57.2 on GPS at 4600 rpm with 90 gals of fuel and two people. Boat weighs 4800 lbs without fuel, equipment and people. I am hoping to get to 60 mph and probably could with a lot less fuel.

My first question is who do you recommend for Labbing a prop? I have talked to Mercury Racing and Bronson Propellers. I don't know much about the process of labbing but Bronson says they do not thin the blades. I have heard labbing usually involves thinning the blades. Are there multiple ways to lab a prop and is one better than the other?

Second question is about Flame Arresters. I am considering buying a Vortech or Arizona Speed & Marine. Do you think these flame arresters add much improvement or will I just be wasting my money. Which manufacturer would you recommend? I am open to other suggestions than the ones I listed.

Do you have any other fairly inexpensive modifications / ideas which might increase my top speed?

I boat in Grand Haven, MI.

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:11 AM
Registered

For the prop work call Throttle-Up. They are the best in the bussiness. 727-531-2255
As for the flame arresters, sorry I can't help.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:11 AM
Registered

Question prop Labbing/ WHO'S THE BEST

who's the best?good question ,I would say put all the name's in the hat and draw one out,you will most likley get the same overall results/ NO ONE IS PERFECT.BUT WE GIVE NOTHING BUT A 100 PERCENT AND YOU CAN'T ASK OR MORE THAN THAT.
Houston Prop

Last edited by HOUSTONPROP; 06-18-2003 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Rivercrazy

One incredible shop for labbing props is York Propellors in Placentia California.....I highly recommend them

Old 06-19-2003, 09:19 AM
srpbaer

Default Prop labbing

Speed,
Listen to what Darin at Houston Prop has to say.....He has not done a prop for me but has for many and I do mean many folks I know. He shoots straight and will do what ever it takes to please the customer...Honest too. He will do the prop as many times as it takes to get it like you want it. He is priced right too. Give him a call at the number listed in his post above,
Just my .02 worth

Old 06-19-2003, 05:21 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

As far as the flame arrester, if the motor is stock, save your money. You wont see any improvements with it. Unless you just want the eye candy.