OPTIMA Batteries >

OPTIMA Batteries

Notices

OPTIMA Batteries

Old 07-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPTIMA Batteries

My boat kills batteries. We use the boat for watersports and 20+ starts a day in 110+ weather and both my batteries are dead.

Optima makes a marine starting battery 34M and a deep cycle D34M. Which would be a better choice for 20+ starts and how will these hold up to the heat.

Is there a better choice?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2003, 05:27 AM
FindMe

The deep cycle would be a better choice, due to the fact that you can drain it several times to an unuseable voltage, and it will recharge again and again. Regular batteries will sulphate and die young if killed to zero volts multiple times, and can't compare in the marine environment. Also the optima's can be mounted upside down, on end, or however you want with no problems. I have them in all of my toys, and insist my customers buy them when new powerplants are installed (or alts, starters, or electrical problems repaired). They maintain a high cranking amperage for quick starts too, and I haven't had 1 fail yet. Those who say they are over priced or just a battery are fools IMO, but my time is extremely valueable, and I can not take the chance of failures from using cheap or inferior parts (makes for hella happy customers too!) Good luck!

Old 07-12-2003, 08:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 190 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree i have two starters and two stereo optima in my cig no problems startes every time.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have to agree, I pump 8 6x9's, 4 12's and I would use nothing less than Optima batteries, however I have only used the yellow ones, that tells you how long i have used these batteries.

Anyway what are you guys covering your grills with, check out my site.