Blown head gasket after Big Dicks

Old 08-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buddah,

Teague charged me $249.20 for the Ferria's
Old 08-29-2003, 11:37 AM
MAG502NUM

Budah is right, Competition Products does stock a TON of stuff, thats probably the reason they are so much cheaper. Since using them, all my shipments have been direct from them with no drop shipments. They have a great free catalog and stock 99.9% of everything in it. Once you use these guys, you'll never use anyone else, although I was always happy with Teague. Chuck

On edit- Man, I'm starting to sound like I'm doing an ad for them, I'll shut up now

Last edited by MAG502NUM; 08-29-2003 at 11:42 AM.

Old 08-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey 28 whats happening? That LOTO stuff was great wasnt it? Didnt trash the block or heads? Thats great. The ferias are good valves also, I think the top fuel guys use em also. If your running 7 psi in the intake and have the crane 741 you should be making at least 750 hp. Thats what all the blower guys claim from the HP 500 with whipples and prochargers, with a bigger cam and improved exhaust you should have no problem attaining that. pick up the new Car Craft or Chevy hipo and look at their vortech test 926 hp! Greg
Old 08-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Registered

Ok, I talked to Dustin about all of this and he will have to reprogram the ECU to make this work right. He also stated that if I change to aluminum heads at the same time I will gain alot more.
The heads are ok, so here is my plan. Since I still have some boating season left, I am going to install new
springs and exhaust valves and put it back together. That way it can be together in a week and I can use it. Then over the winter I can get all the parts together and exhaust manifolds. Plus it will give me a chance to come up with the money. I don't mind pulling it back apart for the upgrade if I have everything ready to go.

Anyone know the PN of the Crane springs used in the 502MPI or should I get them from GM.

Breathe Later, thanks for the parts list.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Registered

Hey that's a good idea Jack. Then I can save these springs and reinstall on these heads to sell later.
A BIG THANK YOU to all you guy's for helping out.

Another question, the whipple installation say's to set the timing to 8 btdc. What total does this end up with?
When your running is what counts. I think I need to be at 30 or 32 total.