Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
The Basics of EFI Conversion >

The Basics of EFI Conversion

Notices

The Basics of EFI Conversion

Old 12-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI...The manual for the FAST is in the help section of the software. I've never gotten a hard copy.

Bob
Old 12-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planing on mounting the ecm next to my msd box on a plate that i have mounted on the back of the bell housing. after reading I am now concerned about mounting so close to the coil & msd box. anyone got ideas where i should mount it.

The Holley efi intake has some ears where the fuel rail can be mounted. In looking at the fuel rails there are no brackets to fasten them down. I can make my own brackets but is there anything special I need to know?

After reading about the NA 540's dyno test, which is my motor but with 335cnc AFR heads. & only 8:1 compression I started running my numbers I see where my fuel pump will not be big enough to handle the HP. I am looking at going with Aeromotive eliminator fuel pump & regulator. Do I plumb out of the fuel pump to a t-fitting then to the front of each rail, then put the regulator on the back side of the rails & return the unused fuel to the tank?

Last edited by Turbojack; 12-28-2003 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone interested in fuel injection should have this web site memorised. www.lindertech.com. Jim Linder is one of the leading fuel injection minds in north america. He has injected just about everything you can think of from hot rods to lawn mowers. He is a terrific technical instructer and a dam fine cook too Also a great supply place for things fuelish. and the worlds leader in injector rebuilding and blueprinting.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Registered

Check out www.injector.com
Old 01-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Turbo Tim, is that you???
Joe D. (320efis)
Old 01-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These injectors are the best that money can buy. I love them and they have never given me any problems. When building a high HP engine I wouldn't dream of using anything else.

http://www.rceng.com/
Old 01-16-2004, 03:53 PM
capn_zoom

Default fuel injection calculator

I went to Marren Fuel Injection's website. They have a neat interactive injector calculator that tells you what size injector you need for the horsepower you make. It can also tell you how much power your injectors can make if you know how big they are. Go to www.injector.com. On the menu on top, click on information, then on injector selection guide.

Old 01-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Registered

Ha, Joe D How's it's going ? Hope everything is going good. Have to meet up with you @ Block this year.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Things are going, well unfortuatly I've got to pull one of the motors again, it seems like the rings did not seat or one of the pistons has a hole in it, I'll know once we get the heads off. This time we will dyno both engines before they go back in.
I'm going to paint the engine comartment white while everything is apart, and I'm sure it won't stop there....
I've been day dreaming about running out to Block... it's the only thing that keeps me going while I'm wearing long johns and three shirts
Glad to see you made it to the web site
Old 01-18-2004, 08:09 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

For what it's worth I used the Marren folks to I guess what you would call blueprint some injectors and they were fine to work with. Also used Kinsler alot as I ran the Kinsler 8 indiv runners and they were great and very competent but expensive. The FAST people were super and the system worked very well!

Quick Reply: The Basics of EFI Conversion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.