Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Houstonpropeller has done it again!!! >

Houstonpropeller has done it again!!!

Notices

Houstonpropeller has done it again!!!

Old 01-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok,,,how much to do my 17 1/2 x 28 four-blade SSM3A props?
Old 01-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered

Default how much to work props

we take GOLD CARDS

I will try to P.m. you and if that does not work ,

CALL ME AT 281-580-7767 Thanks
Old 01-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Registered

Well, I was going to send you a PM but your box is full. I won't know what to do with the props until I sea-trial the boat this spring. With a few improvements to the engines I hope to spin them just a touch faster than last year, which was 5000 rpm. I was able to find some free horsepower by eliminating an airflow restriction during the dyno runs before the engines were torn down for overhaul. With a few minor improvements I'm hoping for 675 hp@around 5400. But I'll keep you posted and we'll see about getting the props to you early this spring.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Registered

Thumbs up CRAZYHORSE

THANKS,YES I have been out moving into our new home it's great just have everything set up and the computer was the last thing ,I havent been at the shop in three days ,but they dont miss me anyway .Thanks for the post and stay in touch ,we can achieve your propeller GOALS.P.S. GIVE ME CALL next week and IWILL SAVE YOU MONEY!

Darin

Last edited by HOUSTONPROP; 01-17-2004 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Accelerator prop really does deliver. I have no more blowouts even in the sharpest turns and my boat accelerates off the corners like a sports car. Mid range is much improved and plane speed feels like a 21-pitch prop and not the 25-pitch that it is. I am truly amazed that right prop can make such a difference and I am basing this comparison to the brand new stock Mirage Plus 25-pitch prop that I sent to Darin for the conversion.

My boat is a 22’ Scarab with the 454-EFI Bravo

Thanks Darin
Roby
Old 01-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Registered

Lightbulb GREAT NEWS

WE ARE GLAD TO HEAR THIS AGAIN ,tHANKS VERY MUCH ROBY FOR THE BUSINESS.

We also did a 22 scarab with a four blade basically same design except in the Bravo-one four blade which the customer picked up4 mph and we decided to call it the

BRAVO -RATOR it's still in testing phases as well we are building some five blades that will be soon coming.That's all the info we can give at this point.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darin, Do you sell and or install nosecones? I'm not looking for a performance improvement but rather just the cool looks.

Roby
Old 01-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Registered

Question nose cone installation

roby,you boat already looks cool

you don't need one ,but we used to install them and it's alot of work,they must be perfect and it is very time consuming.

go to [url]www.bobsmachine.com and check out his site he is probably the guy to go to if you really want one,I can sell you one and everything you need to install it but,you need to take the drive off and make sure it's perfectly straight as well the paint needs to be done professionally.

just my .02 cents

if you want give me a call,talk to you later Darin

Last edited by HOUSTONPROP; 01-29-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:37 AM
David Haag

ttt to reach 300 downloads of the pics!!

Old 04-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Registered

Question ACCLERATOR UPDATE

I, have had several people ask if we can modify there Mirage not the Mirage plus into the ACCERATOR design?

yes, we can. actually it's a little easier as the blades are a touch thinner than a plus .And the performance turns out to be the same end result of a quicker hole shot with no blow out ,faster midrange accleration and much quicker on the top end of 2.5 to 3 mph some have reported more most most are 3mph.

Quick Reply: Houstonpropeller has done it again!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.