Old 01-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here, but hey what do i know
Old 01-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Aside from the props. they are the same. If I remember this correctly the Quickilver brand is for products sold by other than Mercury dealers. Same exact parts.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Registered

I had a bad experience with Quicksilver props.I ordered a Mirage Plus prop and when I picked it up he had ordered the Quicksilver.He told me it was the same prop just cheaper.The prop looked identical but when installed I lost speed and gained RPM.I complained and exchanged for the Mirage Plus and it worked fine.The whole deal was a burn for me because I ordered this prop from a dealer that was not local and by the time I was done it cost me more.I guess he couldn't't understand when I asked for a specific product that is what I wanted.I won't be dealing with him again.At the Seattle boat show on the weekend I was talking to a shop that lab finishes and he had the computer scanning rig to measure props and he said they (Quicksilver)don't measure up consistently.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder how many quality props are accurate?
I bought 2 Hydromotives this past spring from here on the board that were listed as brand new. I sent them to HoustonProps to be checked out. HP said they were so far from being consistant, they were no good as was. Had to have them balanced, labbed and spit shined to correct them, of course for an additional 2X my initial purchase price.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Registered

There are vast differences between the basic, standard, born to be run buried, Quicksilver line of props by Merc. and their Hi-Perf Mirage series, and cost is one of them. Obiviously the dealer screwed up when he ordered, but if you traded the Quick back for the Mirage, you should expect to have paid some more. --- Jer
Old 01-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't mess around with the Quicksilver line. Our cost on Merc and Quicksilver is so close that the Quicksilver line is not worth it for us. I don't like to try and convince someone that this other prop (Quicksilver) is the same, but different, than the Mirage. Mercury has a good name and everyone recognizes it.

The finish is better on the Merc's and many of the Merc props have the vent holes where the Quicksilver don't. There are many other subtle differences between the Merc and Quicksilver.

Harrisonmirage, I think the computer measuring equipment for props will become an industry standard in the future. It allows you to measure a prop in a matter of minutes, if you were to try and do the same thing with mechanical devices it would take hours. I also like it because it allows us to document the work we did to the prop. There are two systems on the market now, we use the Hale MRI system. Cost is high $30-$60K so it's a large investment but worth it!

Matt
Old 01-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Ric232

Originally posted by throttleup
We don't mess around with the Quicksilver line. Our cost on Merc and Quicksilver is so close that the Quicksilver line is not worth it for us.

There are many other subtle differences between the Merc and Quicksilver.

Matt
Since we have gone toward props in this discussion, we should clarify that Mercury and Quicksilver OEM replacement parts and fluids are the SAME (except that they have a "Q" in the part number instead of a "T". The props are an exception as mentioned above.

Old 01-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick232,

Correct, I was strictly referring to props!

Matt

Quick Reply: Mercury Marine or QuickSilver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.