Multipal battery hook up???? >

Multipal battery hook up????

Notices

Multipal battery hook up????

Old 03-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multipal battery hook up????

Have a question about multipal battery hook up. For those of you that have 3 or more batt's in your boat how do you hook them up? I have 2 right now with a batt switch. Want to add more for the stereo. Would leave the one for starting the boat as a single batt and want to add a bank of batts for the stereo.

1) Say if I wanted 2 or 3 batt's do you just hook them all up + to + - to - then to the batt switch in postion # 2

2) Do you need to use all the same type batt's in the bank of batt's (I was told It shouldn't make a difference) I have a Stinger batt from my old boat could I hook the Stinger into the International deep cycle .

3) Should I upgrade the alt? How does it handle a bank of batt's.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Registered

Easy to do, 1 batt to 1 on switch, 2 batt to 2 on switch, Feeder to motor on Feeder terminal, NOW on same feeder terminal put a heavy jumper to a other selector switch that has only on and off, that is batt 3. So you need 3 batts, 2 batt selector. one switch will have batt 1, batt 2, all, and off. second switch will have just on and off. Now you can charge all the batteries at once, or one at a time.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered

I have 3 batteries in my boat, but I do it differently.

I have one High output alternator that is single wired that sends the charge to my main starting battery. I have that battery isoloated to #1 and have my other battery on #2. I simply created jumpers from battery 2 to battery #3. It works great.

I also plan on putting in a separate honda EU generator to continuously run and charge the stereo batteries when listening to the stereo.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Registered

Krumbsnatcher,

What alt did you go with and how much did it cost.

And with the batts you just hooked up - to - and + to + on the 2 batts and run it on switch 2? Theres no problem chargeing? Does it matter if you have the same type of batt's. I have a compitition Stinger batt and an international deep cycle. The starting batt is a international deep cycle.
Might just end up buying some ACM batts somewhere.