Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
OT:  Auto diagnostic scan tools for Jap cars >

OT: Auto diagnostic scan tools for Jap cars

Notices

OT: Auto diagnostic scan tools for Jap cars

Old 02-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Bruce

That being the case, your screwed. Call around and find a shop willing to scan the vehicle and provide a list of the codes thrown. They should do that for $55.00 or so. I usually come up with a hard luck story like your considering buying the vehicle but are concerned about the engine light. You need a written list to show the seller so the price can be negotited, etc, etc. Once you get the codes, put them back out here and let the mechanic's guide you with their opinion's of the best sensors to throw your money at! You might want to visit the parts department of the dealer and confirm that you must have the scan tool to put things into self diagnosis, Haynes has been known to make a mistake in their info.

Old 02-03-2002, 01:41 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kook, Sorry about the E-Mail. I can't get into it myself either. Need to look into that! As for the Mac website, it does still need some more development. The scan tools I found are not the one I was telling you about. If you post a fax number I will be happy to send you some info on the unit I mentioned. Good luck, Doug
Old 02-03-2002, 05:16 PM
kook

Doug:

Fax is (302)-292-4607. Send to attention of Mark V.

thanks