Jetting/tuning For Procharger setup >

Jetting/tuning For Procharger setup

Notices

Jetting/tuning For Procharger setup

Old 06-29-2004, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jetting/tuning For Procharger setup

Man is it good to hear when a project finally comes together. You may have said before but what kind of boat is this in? OK, I have reread this whole thread & see you have a 26' american offshore. What is your X dim? Take a straight edge for the lowest parts of your outside sponsons & compare to the center of you prop shaft.

Last edited by Turbojack; 06-29-2004 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Hardcore

Default Re: Jetting/tuning For Procharger setup

Turbojack:
The X-dim. is stock. If you measure it from the lowest part of the center pod it's like 1.5 " below the bottom. I have a stock L/U with a nosecone and no low water pickup. I have seen about a 4mph gain in the past from a Imco 2" shorter L/U but that was before the blower. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go that route once I've recovered from my recent expenditures. I need it because I'm now noticing higher water temps (like over 140 deg's) and I think the low water P/U will help.
I have calculated my slip from the other day though and the figures just don't work out - either I'm getting a horrendous amount of slip or my gearing isn't 1.50:1 , or something else is wrong because at the rev limit (6000 rpm) I should be running @ about 109 to 110mph with <15% slip. It could be from me running the boat flat since like I said I haven't run it trimmed up yet.
I have to admit that I wasn't looking at the tach though (it's nearly impossible to see with my f@cked up A/O dashboard) as I was paying too much attention to fuel press. oil temp/press and trim gauges and looking where I was going. I'm beginning to wonder if it was the limiter or the motor ran out of gas or something (SH!T!!). I'm pretty sure it wasn't fuel press so it would have to be the inlets if it's running out of gas. Next time out I'll get someone to watch the tach. I plan to do some more testing on Sunday and will report back with my findings.