Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Mirage Plus prop cost?  Labbed price? >

Mirage Plus prop cost? Labbed price?

Notices

Mirage Plus prop cost? Labbed price?

Old 04-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirage Plus prop cost? Labbed price?

How much should I have to pay for a Mirage Plus 23p prop for an Alpha drive? I want to have one labbed by Houston, but don't know If I can just try and find one that has already been labbed by Houston, or if I have to buy a Mirage Plus and then give Houston my specs on what my boat is and what it's doing? I'm pretty sure that my boat is going to need a 23P labbed, or 21p not labbed. I am currently running a 2102 VIP with a 350 MPI mag. I have a 21p Ballistic and the RPM's are at about 5000 or a little more. The bow seems a little heavy. I am running about 59mph. thanks, Justin
Old 04-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If interested, I have a 23P Mirage Plus. Prop is in like new condition and not labbed. Check with Darin at Houston for labbing pricing. Recently sold the boat so don't need the prop. Shipped to you (48 states) for $250.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered

Default Justin

GRAB IT THATS A GREAT PRICE AND HAVE KC BAJA ship it direct,we then can do the ACCLERATOR design.

give me a call and we can give you all the pricing options.
Attached Thumbnails Mirage Plus prop cost?  Labbed price?-evmp0952.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Registered

First off I would see what RPM's you could get a stock 23P Mirage + to trun on your boat before I spent money on labbing. However, I highly doubt labbed or not you'll be happy with a 23P Mirage+ with your combination.
Look for a shop that will let you try before you buy.
I'd put money on you being much happier with a Laser II on that boat.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have a 23 mirage left solid hub lab finished by Hill propellers available. $250 delivered.
Dave
Old 04-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Registered

KC baja. I am definitely interested in this prop. can you email me your info? my email is [email protected]. Hopefully noone has bought it out from under me. I have been gone for the last couple of days, and just read your reply. Thanks, Justin.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Registered

ZP'd, how familiar are you with this particular boat/hull? It does have a little cup to it in the back of the hull plane. Maybe a Mirage will create too much bow lift? What RPM do you think will be optimum for this combo? I have a guy that has a regular Mirage prop 23p that he will let me try. How much different is this going to be than a Mirage+? Also, how much RPM will I gain with going from a regular Mirage + 23p to a labbed one, about 200? Thanks for the info.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered

got your tips yet??

Adam
Old 04-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

The thing is Justin it's not a heavy hull, plus your running right where you should be now in regards to RPM. The Laser II is a smaller diameter then the Mirage + yet also a bow lifting prop. It tends to work much better on lighter, small block powered hulls when it comes to top end and overall performance. I'd bet you'd have a hard time spinning a 23P Laser at 5000 RPM much less a larger diameter Mirage + 23P 5000 RPM - unless REALLY radical work was done to it.

A regular Mirage will spin a higher RPM then the + will. Depending on who and what is done for the lab job will determine your RPM increase. Your figure is close though. Try your friends regular Mirage and see where your RPM's are with that wheel.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Registered

Thunder32, they are scheduled for on time delivery on Tuesday. I am looking forward to getting them put on. I just got my boat back tonight. The poor guy that did my 350 4bbl to 350 MPI swap, had a hell of a time. (reprogrammed ECU, shift plate switch etc...) Anyway, I am glad you sent those out to me at such a great price! Thanks again. Justin

Maybe Houston prop can answer my question about how many RPM I will gain from a 23P Mirage + by having it labbed. If in theory, I run 4800 RPM with a stock wheel, will it be logical to expect 5000 on a labbed one?

Quick Reply: Mirage Plus prop cost? Labbed price?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.