Whipple and AZ Speed & Marine >

Whipple and AZ Speed & Marine

Notices

Whipple and AZ Speed & Marine

Old 04-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whipple and AZ Speed & Marine

I just had Arizona Speed & Marine install a Whipplecharger on my Formula 271 because I wanted everything done "right". Here is a recap of their quality work:

Put a tear in the upholstery on my engine cover.

Left my key on. Now, all of a sudden my hour meter shows an extra 60 hours of operation.

Reversed my new port and starboard IMCO exhaust risers, probably because they didn't want to spend the extra time modifying my stock shifter bracket.

Lost the IMCO factory riser hardware on one side so they substituted other hardware, which turned out to be too short.

Used the cheapest damn exhaust hose they could find such that the slight misalignment with the transom kinked the hoses. The inner hot exhaust tubes in the risers ended up touching the hoses at the kink and burned a hole in one of them first time out on the water. It was nice having sooty water blown all over my clean engine compartment as well as very short day on the lake.

Used 1/2" FUEL LINE and hose clamps as a high pressure connection between my remote oil filter and oil cooler. As I was crossing the lake (third time out), this hose failed and blew about 4 quarts of motor oil all over my once pristine engine compartment. Luckily, I was paying attention and shut things down before any engine damage occurred. Someone should be fired for this.

For this level of quality, I waited 5 weeks and paid big big $$$$. I correct all of the problems myself. Jim at AZ S&M has no comment.

IF YOU REALLY WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT, DO IT YOURSELF!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks! I would think you could sue for the damages, I know I would.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sorry you had the problems you did. I had a Whipple installed over the winter along with rebuilding the engine, and I had a few small problems like the trim gauge did not work, and I chewed a belt up but other than those two things everything come back just the way I left it.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:40 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

This is not the first horror story I have seen posted here about Arizona Speed. I would never trust them for anything.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Registered

I was going to just correct the shortcuts they took and forget about it......until the oil hose blew. That was just beyond stupidity and beyond laziness.

If I save one OSO member grief by steering them away from lousy workmanship, it was worth the time typing this up.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

IF YOU REALLY WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT, DO IT YOURSELF!!!

I could not have said it better. Trying real hard myself to learn more and more and doing it myself for several reasons.

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but that you for sharing it with all of us.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Registered

I think you should edit the title of your post then and delete the Whipple part of it.

Sorry about your problems with AZ.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Registered

Von Bongo -
You make a good point.

I couldn't edit the title. Probably because I am not a Platimum member yet. Since many have already read this and won't be back, I'll start a new thread just in case anyone got the idea that the Whipple system was any part of my problems.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Registered

If anyone is close enough to Havasu I would highly recommend Bernie Wadekamper, formerly of Whipple, now retired, for any Whipple install or maintenance work. He installed mine and the only problem we had when we put the boat in the water the first time, was timing- he was off one tooth. Other then that the run was flawless. He is quite a character with a ton of experience and over 20 years at Whipple. Dustin at Whipple was the one that recommended him to me. If you want his number E me at - [email protected].

Tom
Old 04-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

I have not done business with AZ but have heard several very bad stories. Bad workmanship, never make due dates and they just don't care!!!!!

STAY AWAY

Quick Reply: Whipple and AZ Speed & Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.