Notices

Is Bmax the answer???

Old 06-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Is Bmax the answer???

36 Eliminator with 750 H.P. per engine never made 1 trip without
breaking 22Gs of B-Maxs.I think Imco 4x4 would be a better choice.
This is a friends boat and witnessed problems first hand.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:53 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Frankie on Lake George likes the B-Maxx internals the best and this is a pic of his small engine in his 26 cat. He runs the big engine with the B-Max drive also!!!
Attached Thumbnails Is Bmax the answer???-frank-seng.jpg  
Old 06-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I buy the bmax and water keeps leaking in. Some of you have experience with this. It's not a an O ring, but maybe I need some tack spray? Dean isn't really helping.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:29 PM
NEXTASEX

Well next time some one asks this question you will be able to tell them what others told you.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NEXTASEX
Well next time some one asks this question you will be able to tell them what others told you.
You told me to stay with an XR. Do you really think any XR can handle 1000+HP without absolutely babying it? If so, your in the minority. Not to mention this engine just made over 1250HP on the dyno.

I'm asking other Bmax owners with water issues for their take on this. Has anyone needed to use perfect seal on the O-rings? How about pressure testing and at what pressure?

Most Bmax owners have nothing bad to say. I know this is a simple fix, and I will straighten it out. I'm just trying to speed up the process.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zt260
You told me to stay with an XR. Do you really think any XR can handle 1000+HP without absolutely babying it? If so, your in the minority. Not to mention this engine just made over 1250HP on the dyno.

I'm asking other Bmax owners with water issues for their take on this. Has anyone needed to use perfect seal on the O-rings? How about pressure testing and at what pressure?

Most Bmax owners have nothing bad to say. I know this is a simple fix, and I will straighten it out. I'm just trying to speed up the process.

Thanks
I heard he has redisigned the orings on the new ones.It has a bunch of oringsand they are thin.at 1250 hp I think you will be pushing it on the top section . The bottom will be close to a stanard xr . the bottom will be your week link.'

The other thing to think about is the poin yoak are the same on them.

With that kind of power you may not even beable to load it hard enough to break untill it gets streched. I ran a Bravo 1 4 blade On my Scarab and I could cavitate it just about any time I wanted to stab it.It would burn the prop.

Hustler starting putting the arnisons and Joe said there real close to the same price

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Registered

Problem solved.

Pressure test showed the drain plug was leaking. Thanks for everyones help. Once the new engine is in next week, I'll update everyone.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:56 PM
27mmLoto

I am having a different problem with B-Max. They were supposed to have a pair of them to me June 1 and we still do not have them. the boat is completely done and I cannot go boating as I have no drives. They will not even give us the courtesy of returning a phone call.
Dean if you read this call me at 515 975-9807.
Steve

Old 06-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the b max, but have you checked into the weismann's? The have a couple of drives out there that rock. www.weismann.net if you call ask for Pat.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zt260
Problem solved.

Pressure test showed the drain plug was leaking. Thanks for everyones help. Once the new engine is in next week, I'll update everyone.
What kind of boat are you running this drive on? And I must not have read this correctly, do you already have a B-max?

Quick Reply: Is Bmax the answer???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.