What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs >

What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs

Notices

What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs

Old 06-06-2004, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs

Well after working with my second hand Holley that was a little worse for wear and tear I purchased a Sea Demon 750 vac-sec. I am looking for comments on the Demons and how much setup was necessarry. From their charts it seems like they prefer the 650 instead of the 750 for my app. But the 750 will be easier to sell IF I ever need to sell (yeah right after paying mucho $$ for this thing ) I am running a 375 horse 358SBC pushing 5500 rpms. I am wondering if my accel pump settings,vac spring and power-valve size will correspond? Both carbs are 750's The first is a 4010 model with dual powervalves and vac-secs. Also how is BG's tech support? I am leaving on my annual vacation to cumberland and my wife will kill me If I spend any more time messing around in the engine compartment instead of relaxing with her......Hopefully the setup will be fairly simple. Any thoughts on the Sea Demon carbs will be appericated!!!!
Old 06-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Default Re: What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs

I'm in the same boat. I have the new carb sitting on the dinning room table waiting to be fiddled with.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Registered

I'm not a mechanic sooo....I cannot tell you about the specs, but, we ran a B.G. in our race boat last year and never had a hiccup.....I give Barry Grant carbs a big thumbs up
Old 06-07-2004, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered Barry Grant trackmaster carbs from C.P. Performance a few years back. Gave engine/cam specs to Mike and these were dialed in on the nose! Bolt on, turnkey! Never had a single problem after. Sterling re-tuned them and put them on my new motors. Still never any problems. I would give Mike a call at C.P.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Registered

BG nailed the carbs on my 900HP tunnel ram'd 10.5:1 solid roller 632" pump gas motor. Only thing we had to do was fatten them up 2 jet sizes all the way around on the dyno. Idles @700 in gear and never hesitates or loads up anywhere. I went with 2X775 RS race demons.

The key is getting them good data on your parts combo, provide them accurate info and they will nail the set-up.

This motor actually leaves less soot on the transom than my 500EFI's, which is damn little

Last edited by jdnca1; 06-08-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Registered

I run 750 Demons on my twin 454/400 Cyclones....never had to touch them...Fred
Old 06-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

They're Great !!!

Although I might be a touch biased....
Old 06-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RumRunner
They're Great !!!

Although I might be a touch biased....
Rumrunner, I am running a BG an mine and love it, But I've done some work on my motor and am wondering if I could get alittle more outa the carb. If I shoot you my carb#'s and motor spec sheet can you give me a base jet # for my prim. & sec. also what power valve I should be running. Thanks.
Martin.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Registered

Martin,

I can try. Send it to [email protected] and I'll see what I can do.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Registered

I went to a BG 750 on my 350 last fall.. i am in the 410 crank HP range at 5600 rpm and about the same for torque at 4500... took it out of the box.. put it on.. set float heights with boat in the water, adjusted idle jets by vacuum gauge and ran it... no hesitation or stumble.. very smooth on tip in... runs damn great compared to the holley i had.. I have since leaned it out 2 jets sizes all of the way around... actually i cannot totally say that... i went down .003 on jet orfice sizes... i had 2 jets in number sequences that measured the same so i went down .003 from what the jets in the carb pin gauged at... picked up BIGTIME in air that was 20 degrees hotter than when i originally ran it... I idle at 11 inches of vacuum in gear at 750 rpm and it is pretty much a straight line to zero at 5500...

i do run a speed demon.. not the sea demon.. jetting is sliiighly different as are the air bleed sizes... i do get a bit of black transom syndrome still.. either from the idle circuit or the powervalve.. have no nailed it down yet... probably end up opening up idle bleeds a bit... i have to break out the O2 when i get the chance so i can nail it down...

all in all.. very pleased...

Quick Reply: What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.