Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cobalt Condurre Info?? >

Cobalt Condurre Info??

Notices

Cobalt Condurre Info??

Old 06-06-2004, 11:21 PM
cartman

Question Cobalt Condurre Info??

saw a 1986 Cobalt condurre 26.9 ft twin bigblocks for sale at a great price with trailer. I was wondering if you guys had any experiance with them how well are they constructed? how do they ride? I have never seen one before this. looks like a solid boat for the money. ????

Old 06-07-2004, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Cobalt Condurre Info??

Hey Big Jeff,

The Cobalt Condurre was a very well made boat. A buddy of mine bought one new back in '86 and it was a VERY expensive boat for its size. They were only made 1 or 2 years. I've never heard of one with big blocks. Seen several with twin small blocks. Does it have TRS drives?

Kurt
Old 06-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the Condurre model, but I have 3 different friends that have Cobalts (2- 220's, and 1- 252), and you would be hard pressed to find a better built boat period. All 3 are beautiful...... They have an outstanding reputation around here at least.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with the total quality of the Cobalt. When I was looking to buy a mid-eighties boat, I limited the search to 3 brands, Cobalt, Cigarette, and Formula, because that's the level of quality I wanted. Cobalt also made a 30 footer. The Condurre has a small cockpit, with little room to stand behind the bolsters. The boat has either a 25 or 26 degree dead-rise, so it's ride in the rough is expected to be very good. I've heard since then they somehow worked with Corsa and/or their molds on this hull. Overall Cobalt builds a topnotch quality boat.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

There have been two here and they both had small blocks. Never seen one with big blocks. My friend has one that has always been rack stored. Great solid heavy boat.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Registered

We had a 1987 223 Conduree with a single 454 and Alpha drive. Very well made boat and great in calm water too small for the rough stuff though.
Daveham
Old 06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
cartman

Thumbs down Re: Cobalt Condurre Info??

Yes it is advertised with twin big blocks 330's dont know about drives trying to get more info. All the people I have talked to say they have only seen small blocks also wondering if the bb's are too rear heavy for such a short hull? seem to be a well built boat. I think it has bravo's but I am trying to get some more info and pics from seller. Thanks

Old 06-07-2004, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

they were all stock with alpha's. the bravo didn't exist in 1996. The 30' cobalt had 454's and TRS drives. Really solid boats.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

I wanted to resurrect this thread to tell all about the www.cobaltboatsforum.com resource.

Drop in & say hi.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Registered

I just wanted to report the conclusion of my first season with a 1989 Cobalt Condurre 223 with 454 and B1. Added about 25 hours this season taking the hull and power to around 440 hours altogether.

Overall the boat has been great. Runs well. Handles well. Had a minor issue with the gaskets leaking water between the manifold and the riser but that was an easy fix. There have been a couple of other little things like the ends of the rails have come loose from their mounts and had to be reattached (small bolt). The power antenna won't extend all the way (the plastic leader needs to be untangled), but again, these are minor issues in my opinion.

Most of this year's hours were spent running around the northern Chesapeake, with week-long trailer trips to Beaufort NC and Jersey shore. This boat does very well on the rivers and bays for watersports and just hanging around. It will pull a skier like he/she is not even there and tubes with three kids skip along like stones. With the large stern swim platform and sun pad, ingress and egress are easy whether boarding from a dock or climbing out of the water. On a longer run to Rock Hall, it cruised nicely at 35 mph on a smooth day (<10mph light & variable winds) even after the bay opens up beyond the Sassafrass. I've even hit 61 on GPS when trimmed up right. Nice!

In general, a perfect lake/bay boat. Workable for rivers and bay waters and light chop. With only a 20 degree deadrise, I found it to be no surprise that it pounds hard in bigger water if your throttle timing or steering input is off. But she takes the pounding without complaint. However, wakes bigger than 4 feet from larger boats and ocean-going vessels are to be approached with caution (read: absolutely NOT at WOT). You have to be careful traversing them, especially when taking them head-on.

All in all, it was a good end to a great first season with this boat and looking forward to many more. Excellent boat.

Last edited by emoore924; 09-20-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Cobalt Condurre Info??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.