Notices

Rip off

Old 03-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rip off

Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE
I personally won't do major business with a shop that is further than a couple hour drive from my house. Doing business face to face is so much more effective in my opinion plus the shop then knows you may show up at any time to check things out. If you already have the engine and you agreed to a delivered price, which you paid then why pay the shipping bill? Just my .02!

Craig
Agree 100%,
Old 03-07-2005, 06:42 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All The Motor's I Have Had In Motor Shops Not One Of Have Been On Time. Talking To Other People This Is True With Even The Best Name Builders. I Think You Have To Get Use To This They Will Never Change. Their Always Late, No Matter What They Promise You!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dredgeking
that's exactly how i was treated until i began to question his lack of work and extra charges. he charged me for several items that he did not perform.

here is my original thread:
Derebery Poor Service Thread

He tried to charge me for things like blue printing the engine and then not doing the work. The quote he provided had a lot of work listed for the price. it appeard to be a good deal. First he orders the wrong headers (more expensive) and then wants me to pay for them. I decide i won't pay his high prices and i'll buy my own damn headers. he tells me he won't give me a warranty since he is not installing the headers. he quoted a 1 year warranty.
I read your post on the old thread about Leon, that is bad news, its hard to please 100% of the people 100% of the time but to do what you said he did is not right at all
Old 03-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Troutly

I have to disagree with some of you. Businesses run like this will not get my business, nor is it acceptable. I can understand a missunderstanding here or there for a few bucks, but a quote is a quote! You do not go over it unless the paying party understands why and is complete agreement. Otherwise, you eat it as it is your screw up, not the customers.

As for delivery time....3 months past promised date is B as in B and S as in S. Are you telling me a business that has been around awhile can't figure out how long it will take to build and ship what they do for a living?? It is their business, they should know it. Now, if there is a parts supply issue, then be honest with the customer, don't make chit up or not return calls. Tell them the TRUTH and works things out with them.

It is all about customer service. Remember, business would not exist if there were not customers for their product...
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 06:14 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Rip off

I have to disagree with some of you. Businesses run like this will not get my business, nor is it acceptable. I can understand a missunderstanding here or there for a few bucks, but a quote is a quote! You do not go over it unless the paying party understands why and is complete agreement. Otherwise, you eat it as it is your screw up, not the customers.

As for delivery time....3 months past promised date is B as in B and S as in S. Are you telling me a business that has been around awhile can't figure out how long it will take to build and ship what they do for a living?? It is their business, they should know it. Now, if there is a parts supply issue, then be honest with the customer, don't make chit up or not return calls. Tell them the TRUTH and works things out with them.

It is all about customer service. Remember, business would not exist if there were not customers for their product...
I Agree
Old 03-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WILDTHING TAZ
All The Motor's I Have Had In Motor Shops Not One Of Have Been On Time. Talking To Other People This Is True With Even The Best Name Builders. I Think You Have To Get Use To This They Will Never Change. Their Always Late, No Matter What They Promise You!
What can be done, when a list and a contract is drawn up. State a delivery date and anything over is less to the builder. Just like in the construction field. That speeds some slow asses up and keeps them somewhat honest
Old 03-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE
I personally won't do major business with a shop that is further than a couple hour drive from my house. Doing business face to face is so much more effective in my opinion plus the shop then knows you may show up at any time to check things out. If you already have the engine and you agreed to a delivered price, which you paid then why pay the shipping bill? Just my .02!

Craig
Ditto, you hear of too many long distance horror stories. I just repowered my boat and was looking at all the advertisements in the mags. I decided it was not worth a couple hundred bucks vs. the potential problems I could have. I bought from my local dealer.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree. A descrpency of a few dollars or a few days is understandable. 3 months late is not acceptable.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:24 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

ditto....I can accept a few dollars and a few extra days, but 3 MONTHS!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
ditto....I can accept a few dollars and a few extra days, but 3 MONTHS!
pay him 3 months late and see how he likes it

Quick Reply: Rip off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.