(To Tell) The Truth about High Performance >

(To Tell) The Truth about High Performance

Notices

(To Tell) The Truth about High Performance

Old 08-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts
Default (To Tell) The Truth about High Performance

Here is something that could really help a lot of the members. Everybody is looking for more HP and speed. A lot of us have been down the road already. I am asking any member who has reasonably accurate data about their experience with a particular product or service to tell their story for the membership.

Just as a suggestion, the format of your post could be:

Product or Service: Name, Manufacturer, Installer etc.

Advertised/Expected Benefit: Usually an certain increase in HP or speed. But if for example the product was trim tabs or the service was prop labbing, you might have been looking for better handling or mid range cruise speed. So HP and speed aren't always the units of measurement.

Actual Gain: If you have dyno numbers great, GPS speed is good too. It may be harder to quantify something like better handling but tell us anyway.

Comments: You can comment on the ease of installation (actual vs. advertised), technical support, anything you want.

Note: If you have a financial interest in a particular product, just declare your "conflict of interest" so we all know. Doesn't mean your data isn't true and useful.

What do you think?
Old 08-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (To Tell) The Truth about High Performance

I could fill the severs by myself!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

We installed a pair of Konrad 540 drives on our Top Gun early this spring.

I'm extremely pleased with how well the boat runs with them. We picked up close to 5 mph and they are tough as rocks.

Kurt
Old 08-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yeah well my 454 has 1000000hp and 10,000lbs of torque. i used a k&n filter and one of those tornado things you see on tv at 4am. it is the fasted boat in the world. oh yeah i use splitfire plugs(gained 100hp) and octain boost good for another 40mph. i was going to build a turbine boat but my stock 454 with a shinny prop and those other add on's is much faster them mrs budwiser. lol. tom i agree. real world info is very importaint. not all info is heapfull, especialy since people tend to bend the truth. i get a lot of good info off all the diff boards but you need to sometimes sift through the bs. good post tom.