Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Gil Manifolds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/87072-gil-manifolds.html)

shawn 09-15-2004 06:46 PM

Gil Manifolds

Just want to make sure. The Gil manifolds from HP500s will also fit 454s, right?

Biggus 09-15-2004 06:56 PM

Re: Gil Manifolds

yup

shawn 09-15-2004 08:30 PM

Thanks guys

Shawn

Payton 09-15-2004 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by sutphen30
have them on my 454's.

So do I. Just presure test before you put on a used set. I had to repair one out of four.

mmwalters 09-15-2004 10:14 PM

Shawn What are you up to now? And what happened to my ride?
Hope everything is going well. How is the boat running?
Michael :eek:

shawn 09-16-2004 07:29 AM

Hey Michael, how has your summer been? I can't believe the summer is gone. I only made it up you way once this summer and that was a last minute decision last weekend. Flat as a pancake. The boat is running well, I have been dialing it in after the winter work. I needed to rejet the carb on the primary side and it really helped on the bottom end and mid range. I still need to get some plug readings on the seconderies to see if they are jetted right. The dyno only goes so far.

I am just selling some parts that are sitting in my basement. I don't need two sets of Gil exhausts as spares.

I broke a hydraulic cylinder on the tab the second time I used it. I need to remove some of the steering plumbing to get to it so it is fixed in the up position and has become a very pretty porta potty for this summer. The switch however worked like a charm both times. LOL

How is your boat running?

Take care

Shawn

mmwalters 09-16-2004 11:04 PM

Shawn my boat is running well but I have only been out 4 times. Mom got sick in early augest and passed away the 20th. So the whole month was a blurr to me. I was hoping for some decent weather in sept. but so far... Maybe there are still some nice days left? Are you going to the cambridge race?
Michael

velo 09-17-2004 12:30 PM

I could be interested in a set if you've got an extra pair..
[email protected]

shawn 09-17-2004 12:56 PM

Michael, I am sorry to hear about your mom. Hope things are getting better.
I do plan on going to the race in Cambridge and looking forward to it. Will you be there too? I read they will close access to the race as early as 10AM, so I am planning on getting there by then and just anchoring up and hopefully enjoy the day.

born2burn 09-18-2004 09:47 AM

I may be interested in a set as well. Please send pics and info to [email protected]
Thanks