Wouldn't it be great.... >

Wouldn't it be great....

Notices

Wouldn't it be great....

Old 10-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wouldn't it be great....

Hell yeah, I would agree with a rating system. I just purchased 2 HP500's one with supposedly 0 hour refresh and the other 45 hours refresh and they are complete junk. Doing total rebuilds. Of course his claim is they are "as is" no warranty which I understand when buying used parts but comeon' when you advertise something as 0 hours and 45 hours you expect them to be just that. It would have saved me a lot more aggravation to just throw 15k in the toilet.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Who was that CCarlos? You should call them out on that one. That is total bs IMO and Fradulent to boot. If some one purchased something from me and was not happy about it as much as I would hate to do it I would take it back. My credability is worth more to me then some money.....

I fully expect to be tearing these ones apart to find out what is inside them and see what condition that they are in..

Jon
Old 10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Registered

Offthefront Mike, thanks for the compliment and more importantly, I am glad you like the manifolds and tailpipes. You gotta agree, they were packed in a rather creative way. Glad they got there without damage.
I also agree with Jon and would refund the money if you were not satisfied. I know its nerve wracking sending a certified check to a stranger and hoping to get your parts in return. I too am in favor of a Good Guy list.
I would like to add Linster, I bought two V6 modules from him, he shipped them to me for inspection and I sent him a check. One of them failed when we started the motor on the dyno and he said to send it back for a refund, which he sent plus he added the $5 shipping fee that I paid to him when I bought them. Linnie Hiter has my vote to be added to the good guy list. I also feel more comfortable when I can see how long someone has been a member of OSO.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Who was that CCarlos? You should call them out on that one.
OSO member Andy Buzz

Many people have said I should tell the story but I get so disgusted thinking about it I just try and forget it and work on saving for the rebuilds.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:04 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dealt with Warparty36, he sent out strap and told me to pay when I had a chance, great guy!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought some parts thru a member which sounded like a stand up guy. Parts were for a friend, not a big $ item but they did'nt work out. After about 6 months of e-mails and phone calls he never returned I spilled the beans on him on this site. I would have accepted a "sorry, all sales final". He never re-newed his subscription here after I posted a thread about him.
A year later out of the blue, I get an e-mail from a complete stranger asking me about my dealings and a phone# for him. He evidently did a web search and found my thread on OSO bad buisness list. This dick head never sent him something he had paid for. I e-mailed the dick head that screwed me and answered immediately. Damn, he was pissed and never answered why no return calls/e-mails. Never the less, the "rating" thing sure would help.
Personelly, if the shoe was on the other foot. I would have sent the $ back plus shipping. What comes around, goes around.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered

I don't know if this idea ever came to be, but if and when it ever does, I need to add a name to the list of people I would do business with again and again. Its Mark Rinda, owner of MER Performance in SC. I bought a pair of drives from Mark and they arrived even better than they were promised. Mark even repainted the lowers so they would look right. He also drilled and tapped a hole in the water jacket lining so I could hook up a hose to feed the top cap.
Mark also built the motors Fred aka Too Old is going to put in his Suthpen. Rumor has it they topped out over 1100 HP. So if Fred spanks you, you will understand.

Again, thanks to Mark and put him on the list.

Shawn
Old 03-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

when you advertise something as 0 hours
maybe he meant the motors with zero hours had 0 hours left in it.
shawn your right about mark @ mer performanec. i have spnet a lot of time on the phone with him and have a good feeling about him...can't wait for him to finish my blower moters
Old 03-28-2005, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by ccarloss
OSO member Andy Buzz

Many people have said I should tell the story but I get so disgusted thinking about it I just try and forget it and work on saving for the rebuilds.
You should tell the story so that other members don't get burned by this guy. If it was me...he would be in a dumpster!