Bravo water Question

Notices

Bravo water Question

Old 12-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo water Question

I put A through hull pickup on now I have a water outlet from the drive lets say we put a tee in the through hull to the drive and pickup then to the sea water pump when the hull is out of the water the drive is in the water we still have some water presure .Any one tryed this ? And is the water cavity in the drive nessary for drive cooling? Or best plan to take water from drive and dump on drive through a 45 deg dump.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:49 AM
Registered

Default Re: Bravo water Question

Allot of people do believe water through the drive, does provide cooling. To what degree, I am not quite sure. The best way to prevent sucking air while the hull is out of the water, may be to add a large sea strainer. This would act as a reservoir, providing constant water source, during momentary, out of water conditions. I do not believe running to both the drive, and the through hull will not prevent this. If you have 2 pickups, one in the water, and one in the air, the pump will draw air, before water. If at all possible I would keep the water through the drive.

Last edited by Island Hopper; 12-31-2004 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:54 AM
Registered

Dump the drive water back onto the drive! Like a drive shower. And if I were you, I'de leave the ability to swtich the pickup if you need too! Something may happen to the through hull, and then you stranded. All you may have to do then is swap the hose back to the drive suply. Just an idea.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pic of my TG w/ the drives dumping on the top of drives thru wing plates. Phil L. did this.
Attached Thumbnails Bravo water Question-dsc_0071.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Or you could take the water out the side of the drive like in this picture. I have seen water run like this and I have also seen just a 90% fitting shooting water up under a top cap like IMCOs.

If you do this, you need to plug the inlet water line in the gimbal.

Please don't rag on the dirty drive, It was just winterized and hasn't been cleaned for winter storage yet.
Attached Thumbnails Bravo water Question-water-pickup.jpg  
Old 01-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Great minds think alike. Mine already had a dump out the side of the boat for the drive water. Excess water that doesn't go into the drive shower dumps out the side.
Attached Thumbnails Bravo water Question-driveshower.jpg  
Old 01-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just cut the hose in the transom assy, and run thru hull with strainers inside and outside boat. Those are neat drive cooler setups.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Great minds think alike. Mine already had a dump out the side of the boat for the drive water. Excess water that doesn't go into the drive shower dumps out the side.
Is the fitting on the side of your drive something you added? How'd you go about doing that?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

With the drive off, you can see exactly where the water jacket is. I actually had my local marine mechanic do it. He drilled it and the tapped it. He had done it to other Bravo's, but mine was the first Imco. He said the case was at least twice as thick on the Imco.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

A lot of good input ,im still not sure what I will do, im leaning to trying to run both pickups drve and through hull I already have a good drive cooler. Im a little curious how it would work ?

Quick Reply: Bravo water Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.