Best Drive Showers?? >

Best Drive Showers??

Notices

Best Drive Showers??

Old 02-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Drive Showers??

It's that time of year to make a list of goodies for the boat. Drive showers are on my list, so who makes the best looking, but yet most ~cooling~ drive showers? I've owned Eddie Marine before, any others?
Old 02-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Best Drive Showers??

Was a discussion on this just 2 weeks ago. Might go back and check it out. Plus many other topics on showers that will pop up in a shower search.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert Nelems just installed Simrek Halo's on my XR's. Went off his experience with them.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simrek Halo here too. I can't see how other designs could work any better. Formula uses them OEM on all boats they build with BIII's.

Here's a pic of mine. Install is easy. You do drill the cavitation plate but I spreayed it with Merc black paint and it's been fine. According to Formula, they don't bother and have never had any issue come back.

Whao!!!! That's cool! Let me know if you get the image that says the pic is too big and to click to view! That must be new!

Last edited by SeaRay Jim; 02-19-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

One word........Simrek.

Simplest...cheapest...coolest
www.driveshowers.com

Last edited by mopower; 02-19-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I use, and am happy with the Simrek "halo" style driveshower as well. It has been tested by Jim Wilks in Hot Boat Magazine a few years ago using their new 90* pick-up and it shows to work very well by reducing the heat I think by as much as something around 50*+ or so.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Registered

I went and read several other posts on drive showers, great info.. Sounds like the Simrek halo is a good choice with the patented water pick-up. I have a 28 Daytona cat with twins, so would the Simreks' still get plenty of water up through them with the drives being higher?
Old 02-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Harper220
I went and read several other posts on drive showers, great info.. Sounds like the Simrek halo is a good choice with the patented water pick-up. I have a 28 Daytona cat with twins, so would the Simreks' still get plenty of water up through them with the drives being higher?
Harper, call Paul Kermis. He's the owner of Simrek. He's also a mechanical engineer. I am sure he can answer your questions. Just click on the word icon "driveshowers" that Mopower has in his post and it will take your right to Simrek's website. His phone number should be in there.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Registered

I checked out the site, very informative.. I think I will order two of these after talking with them to determine which one I will need. thanks for all the help...
Old 02-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Registered

Billet Marine. You get the additional advantage of the better designed bearing support housed in the top cap. High X dimensions could greatly affect the amount of water available for the cav mounted water inlets. There are a couple of much better methods of supplying water to the top cap. The other speed site has a thread on this very subject.

Quick Reply: Best Drive Showers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.