Notices

353 formula wippled arneon's

Old 03-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 353 formula wippled arneon's

That's the beauty of the kit, the CG remains the same as it was with the Bravo. I am only a few inches longer than a Bravo on a box and only about 5 lbs heavier than the same.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Ted
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plums
thinking of doing these modifications. what do you guy's think. boat has 5ooefi's and bravo's currently with low hour's. Roughly how fast will it go.
Hey Plums
How are ya? Did you get it?
It will go fast and look real hot doing it. They wont break, they are the best drives out there bar, used worldwide from military to high dollar european yachts.
Rik offers terrific service when needed.
Talk to you soon
Ted
Old 03-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
What are you trying to say, that Whipples will hurt the resale?
Yep.

And the drives.

Very few people will understand the added value.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ApachePete
Yep.

And the drives.

Ask the perspective buyer to get in shut up and hold on!
then smash the Sticks to the Dash. Maybe then the "few" will understand The value.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by ApachePete
Yep.

And the drives.

I think you and others will be suprised how main stream the drives have become.

This isn't the 80's and more and more boats work excellent with our drive units.

The value of a reliable boat is never forgotten. Look at any boat with big power and Bravos; they don't sell b/c the prospective buyer knows a headache when they see it.

Look at Fountain, Hustler, Skater, Scism and Nortec. They are not installing the drive b/c they don't work.

Look futher at Magnum, Azmith, Pershing, Baia, Sunseeker, etc. to see conventional pleasure boats that dock well, get on plane well and still go fast and reliable.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:25 PM
plums

Hi ted i'm rapping up the deal tomorrow. How do you like the arnesons on the eliminator? Are there any negatives to this setup or are you completley satisfied ?
rik how are rocker plates different than trim tabs.Will i need them on a 353 formula with arnesons?

Old 03-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Registered

hey plums hurry up and get this done i cant wait to go 92
Old 03-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Registered

Are you guys suggesting Arnesons will HURT resale?!?!?! Uuuhhhh ok.... They will ONLY add value to a boat. You only need to talk to a couple of Arneson owners to realize that they NEVER LET YOU DOWN!!!

They do handle different, not badly just different to a conventional drive. With a heavy azz boat like a Formula they'll only improve it. Go talk to Tony Adams (Blown Away), I can't say that I've seen his boat on the trailer for more than an oil change since he converted his Formula to Arnesons. I'm sure his boat is worthless though.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have said it before and will say it again, When I begin the build of my 41 for myself I will use Arnesons and will push potential customers in the same direction. Maybe Rik is just a good salesman but he sold me at the Miami show a year ago and I would put them on my 21 I am building if it was more cost effective than a standard bravo.
Beau
Southern Offshore Boats
Old 03-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Ted
Registered

Originally Posted by plums
Hi ted i'm rapping up the deal tomorrow. How do you like the arnesons on the eliminator? Are there any negatives to this setup or are you completley satisfied ?
rik how are rocker plates different than trim tabs.Will i need them on a 353 formula with arnesons?
Plums,
Good, I heard you might be, classy big boat for you and ALL the little ones!
I always liked the concept, finally tried it and once the install fine tuning was done, I would never ever own a bravo again. They are mainstream and easily fixed but why have all that jam under the hatch and not be able to indulge? It makes no sense to me to fit a boat that is heavy or heavily powered with a drive that is not matched to the torque capabilities.
On my Daytona, as you saw we had some install fine tuning initially but once we set up properly and mashe the throttles it was like a drag boat from 80 to 115 and thats with naturally aspirated 540's.
I am completely satisfied with the performance and the look with all that chrome and hand made stand off boxes is pure race. Lightweight strong and show peice finish for less than a six drive. Cant beat it.

Rik does what he says and builds a package to be proud of. Cost is very fair, think of a broken drive at 12 midnight between your house and mine with all the kids on board. Mama wont be pleased!
Anything else?

Quick Reply: 353 formula wippled arneon's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.