TCI,  ATI, Fluidampr........... >

TCI, ATI, Fluidampr...........

Notices

TCI, ATI, Fluidampr...........

Old 11-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: TCI, ATI, Fluidampr...........

Originally Posted by cstraub
Rob,
They test them. Roush Industries does this and I am sure the other teams can do testing. Each has a cycle time list for every part of the engine. Each part gets checked after a race and if okay it is run until its cycle life is up.
Thanks Chris. I guess like Don says it will never fail in a street/drag car application.

I can see on the boat the different factors like the drive ,prop, the harmonics that give extra stress on them . I guess that's like the engine gear drive on boats.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Don thanks for the reply. I didn't know the background on FD. thats interesting

Is there any air in them or is it solid fluid?

Is the Fluid in them thick? I am guessing it a gell. Does it change when its cold ?

The ATI I guess has the rubber stuff in there to absorb the vibs.

The TCI rattler just doesn't seem like a good designed to me with that inner thing rattling around inside of it.imo

Don what you position with Vibratech?

Thanks again sorry for all the QA. just want to learn

Rob
Rob, thanks for the interest.

Silicone Fluid

The inertia ring inside Fluidampr shears through a thin film of highly viscous silicone fluid to effectively control harmonic vibration at all engine speeds. But what is silicone fluid really like? Well, fluid is somewhat of a misnomer because it is really more like a gel. The silicone fluid used in Fluidampr is clear in color and is more than 45,000 times thicker (more viscous) than 30 weight motor oil.

Silicone fluid is a very good damping medium because it is relatively unaffected by temperature changes. Thus, it provides consistent damping in both winter and summer. The fluid does not harden or change viscosity if Fluidampr is not used for a period of time. The fluid is so durable that big rig, 18 wheeler truck engines are mostly all equipped with viscous fluid-type dampers.

The shere gaps between the inertia ring and the housing must be completly filled for the shereing action to work properly. Each damper is filled with a measured amount of fluid to insure that is is completely full.

Please visit our websites http://www.fluidampr.com and http://www.vibratechtvd.com

I am one of the Shareholders of the parent company HBP. www.hbpllc.com
Old 11-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by diverdon
Rob, thanks for the interest.

Silicone Fluid

The inertia ring inside Fluidampr shears through a thin film of highly viscous silicone fluid to effectively control harmonic vibration at all engine speeds. But what is silicone fluid really like? Well, fluid is somewhat of a misnomer because it is really more like a gel. The silicone fluid used in Fluidampr is clear in color and is more than 45,000 times thicker (more viscous) than 30 weight motor oil.

Silicone fluid is a very good damping medium because it is relatively unaffected by temperature changes. Thus, it provides consistent damping in both winter and summer. The fluid does not harden or change viscosity if Fluidampr is not used for a period of time. The fluid is so durable that big rig, 18 wheeler truck engines are mostly all equipped with viscous fluid-type dampers.

The shere gaps between the inertia ring and the housing must be completly filled for the shereing action to work properly. Each damper is filled with a measured amount of fluid to insure that is is completely full.

Please visit our websites http://www.fluidampr.com and http://www.vibratechtvd.com

I am one of the Shareholders of the parent company HBP. www.hbpllc.com
Don thanks for the Info.I guess that silicone fluid is a lot denser than I thought, kinda like my beer belly

So are ya into boats? What ya got?

Rob

Old 11-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Don thanks for the Info.I guess that silicone fluid is a lot denser than I thought, kinda like my beer belly

So are ya into boats? What ya got?

Rob
Rob, I am near lake Erie I have a Sea Ray sundancer 290 and a 23 foot Larson ski boat, and a pair of Sea Doo GTX's. Now I am looking to add something like a 10-12m Trojan for fishing and scuba. With interest rates rising I expect it to be a buyers market for some time to come.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by diverdon
Rob, I am near lake Erie I have a Sea Ray sundancer 290 and a 23 foot Larson ski boat, and a pair of Sea Doo GTX's. Now I am looking to add something like a 10-12m Trojan for fishing and scuba. With interest rates rising I expect it to be a buyers market for some time to come.
Cool. We need to get you into something alittle faster though. Yea I think the market is going to get worse. Even talking to some of the big engine builders out there they said it was a soft year. Our biz has even been off for the year.

Good luck

Rob