How long will my Alpha last?!?!!!? 450HP

Notices

How long will my Alpha last?!?!!!? 450HP

Old 03-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How long will my Alpha last?!?!!!? 450HP

LOL!! be nice to it

I am running a N/A small block around 570 hp. my alpha still living after a few years

waterfoul....

Don't do hole shots.?
Don't jump the boat out of the water. ?
Don't abuse the throttle and it might last a couple of seasons.?

come on dude... been there done all that and more
Old 03-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

justinVIP,
What river are you boating on?
Old 03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered

Mississippi river in NE Iowa. Just north of Prairie Du Chein WI. and you?
Old 03-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Registered

If you are considering throwing that kind of power on that boat you also need to check the style of motor mounts you have. Make sure you don't have a lag screw system. Also, you may want better steering. To do it right, there are many consideration other than just the supercharger. And, you said you haul your kids around! Give it some more thought.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Justin: I agree with above .......unless your going to keep this boat forever I wouldnt make any major performance mods to it.....wrong market..........unless you know somebody thats done it you MAY find your hull might hit a wall speed wise and you've dumped a ton of money into it and not realised the speeds your looking for (it happens).........then you'll have alot of trouble unloading it with all these mods.......as far a changing the motor to different hulls, unless you have the knowlage and facilities to do it yourself your into some big bucks.......right now you could probably sell it for close to what you paid for it........then get what you want......... and you will need thru hulls with the procharger......and if you sold it with those on you probably wouldnt get your 2K out of it.........doug

ps- when I was looking for a boat and considered the 29 Fever I looked on here and found the fastest I ever heard of one going was about 95-100.....this was with like a 700hp single and some serious chinewalking......the dealer told me the twin stock 365hp big block versions would go about 73 to 75..........now I thought about it and came to the conclusion I would be happy with 75-80mph.......so I figure if I hop up my smallblocks (383s...406s???) to 375 to 425hp each (Im a big sbc fan) I should reach my goals speedwise........especially since the smallies are 150lbs lighter each than the bigs.......I bought the boat cheap....(which got me in the water!!!!!!).......paid off the small loan..... and work on it as I can afford........and if I want to unload it .......its a hopped up Fountain!.....theres lots of them around!!!!.......its up to you but that was my thought process.........doug
Old 03-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the replies guys! Just a couple of things....my point about having kids in the boat is that I probably wouldn't be using the power very often, but.....when I was alone etc. It is there when I wanted it. 2nd...it isn't for sale, that is the pix of it before I bought it. 3rd...I do have thru hull exhaust on it already. 4th...I do have a friend with a boat shop and tools to do the swap when I get another boat. Now...I would need to check on the mounts! I'm not sure on the style of them. Also, I don't want to go over 70, period. The boat is a fairly bow heavy boat. It doesn't feel lose at all at 59. I agree, that this boat is probably not the best hull to put that kind of power in to because it would probably be scary at 70, although you just never know. It is a very deep boat for a 21 footer. With what I paid for the boat and adding a Procharger, I would have a total of $15500 in the package. Plus, if I don't do this, I will always wonder what it would have been like. Ofcourse, after looking at your responses, I probably won't do it....
Attached Thumbnails How long will my Alpha last?!?!!!? 450HP-mvc-004f.jpg   How long will my Alpha last?!?!!!? 450HP-mvc-006f.jpg  
Old 03-04-2005, 05:31 AM
Registered

VIP, another option for you to consider would be to build a 383. You can get 400 - 430 hp n/a. That's what I did with my searay and it is amazing what the extra torque and hp does for a boat that size.Even heavily loaded it would jump on plane even if pulling slalom skiers out when with stock power it would almost not be able to plane out at all, you could forget getting a skier out of the water! I feel it was the best money that I ever spent on that boat.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Registered

nova, my only problem with that is that I have the MPI 350 MAG. I really like the turn key Multi port injection. I don't know what it would take dollar wise to go that route for my situation. I used to have the 260hp 350 in this boat, and I swapped it out for the 330hp(crank hp) 350. I gained about 4 mph and more responsiveness by just doing that. I don't really need to go 70+, but it would be nice to go 65-68! Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for it! Be nice to the Alpha and it will hold up. Steering is a plus on any HP application regardless of how fast it actually goes. Good Luck!
Old 03-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

What do you mean by "steering is a plus" in this situation? Are you suggesting that I get hyd. steering, or what exactly are you getting at. By the way, every time I decide not to do this, someone like you gets me thinkin about doing it again!!! I do know how to baby my boat. Someone posted earlier about a heavier upper gearset or something. What were they refering too? Thanks for the vote of confidence Wette Vette

Quick Reply: How long will my Alpha last?!?!!!? 450HP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.