Arizona Speed 572 >

Arizona Speed 572

Notices

Arizona Speed 572

Old 03-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Speed 572

Anyone had any experience with this engine??

ASM is advertising a 572 EFI for under $18000 that produces over 600+ HP! Has anyone had any experience with their engines? Reliability?

Is 572 the actual cubic inches?
Old 03-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Re: Arizona Speed 572

I believe so.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Big horsepower!
Old 03-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

Having trouble with your current engines Frank?
Old 03-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered

Cool Re: Arizona Speed 572

Thats a lota h.p. for only $18,000. I'am runnin a pr. 0f 572's
merlin heads, lunati rotating assemble, gold roller rocker's
1050 holly raciing carb, stelling exhaust, in a 357 formula
BAD-ASS it will run approx. 85-90 on a good day, but a
have a hellva lot more money than $18,000 in ea. motor.
It might be a buy but how long will they last. I think you
will be taking a big gamble, but thats only my opion.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've said this before and I'll say it again and don't mean any disrespect by it you can't build reliable power with crate engines from the big three or the aftermarket block and head manufacturers it can't be done with production type work and Chinese parts. I can see taking a chance with inexpensive parts and building it your self but to buy a crate engine from a manufacturer or engine builder dressing it with no regards to balance clearances or tuning is a mistake. There's alot of guys on oso with chines parts and no problems but there are also many guys out there with problems. My MB700na has that amount of money in parts only I will not compromise on the quality of the parts I use . Good luck on your decision Laz Mesa
Old 03-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Registered

Take it from a guy who was taken... once (never again).

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Nothing against ASM at all.

I was taken by an engine builder out of Florida (supposedly reputable) and when all was said and done, the only parts I could reuse were the crank and connecting rods. Block was trash (to start with) and on, and on, and on. Like driving down the highway and holding $12,000 out the window at 90 MPH then letting it go.

Never again.

If you can't get to their shop in under two hours on a regular basis then I'd reconsider.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd be willing to bet that is the Gm efi crate motors. They have efi and a warranty. It looks like the same thing you can get at gm performance.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Re: Arizona Speed 572

I can tell you that I have personaly been to the facility with Chris Zuker who manages PAS who assembles and builds the 572 GM HP "crate" engine. I can personally tell you that the parts and procedures that go into this motor make it a far cry above a regular crate motor. It is a beautifully equipped and "blueprint constructed" motor. The crank is by Callies, the pistons are by J&E, the rods are Callies, the cams are Crane, the heads are Edelbrock, and the internals are precision sized and assembled to exacting standards. I know that Jim at Arizona Speed and Marine changes the camshaft to a marine spec. and does a beautiful job of setting them up with his fuel injection and MEFI computuer system and I believe they are available with closed cooling in a great turnkey package. I don't personally know who has run one yet, but I know they have been on the dyno at a couple of marine engine builders and have had good horsepower and torque numbers. I think anyone seriously considering repower should give this package a hard look. If the warranty is there for service throughout the country I don't think the result will be anything but good.
Just some personal expierence with the 572

Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't let the price scare me into thinking it has inferior parts. You should he able to buy a complete motor not marinized for under $20k. I have had them built and priced for this several times.I have seen alot of 700hp motors last forever that cost under $20K. We are not talking abuot peanuts here, that is alot of coin.

Quick Reply: Arizona Speed 572

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.