Top 10 Q &A Regarding Key West Worlds >

Top 10 Q &A Regarding Key West Worlds

Notices

Top 10 Q &A Regarding Key West Worlds

Old 04-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top 10 Q &A Regarding Key West Worlds

Several people have asked for some clear answers regarding the 2005 World Championship Races in Key West. Below are answers to the 10 most frequently asked questions.

Q1? How do I qualify to compete in the World Championship races in Key West?

A1! There is only one way to qualify…. Run two SBI/APBA National or Divisional races in your Class.

Q2? Can I combine one National and one Divisional race to qualify?

A2! Yes. Any combination of two National or Divisional SBI/APBA races will qualify you to run the “World’s” in Key West.

Q3? What is the cost to register my boat?

A3! To join SBI/APBA as a National team the cost is between $600 and $2500 for boat registration. To join as a Divisional team, the cost is $300 per boat for all classes.

Q4? Are there other costs?

A4! Yes, each racing crewmember and each non-racing team member (those with access to the cranes & hot pits) must be individual SBI/APBA members. Racing crew membership for Divisional teams is $200; racing crew membership for National teams is $350. Non-racing crew membership for both National and Divisional teams are $150 per person.

Q5? How much are Entry Fees?

A5! Entry fees at Divisional SBI/APBA races are set by the race producer and are normally $300 for all classes. Entry fees for National races are between $675 and $1675, depending on which class you enter.

Q6? What will it cost to run two SBI/APBA races to qualify for the World’s?

A6! If you run Divisional races, the cost for two races (boat registration, 2-racing crew memberships, 2-non-racing team memberships, and 2-race entry fees) is $2200. If you run National races, the cost for two races is $3450 to $6850, depending on which class you enter.

Q7? Where are SBI/APBA Divisional races held?

A7! There are currently 7 SBI/APBA Divisional races scheduled for 2005, 4 in California and 3 east of the Mississippi River in Panama City, Louisville, and Elizabeth City, NC.

Q8? If I only run OSS, OPA, or Great Lakes Silver Cup races will I qualify to run the Worlds in Key West?

A8! No.

Q9? In 2004 we had a ”unified Worlds” what happened?

A9! In 2004 the three major sanctioning bodies, SBI, APBA, and OSS where invited by the local organization that produces and promotes the World Championship races, Conch Republic Offshore Racing Association (CROPRA), to hold joint “World’s” in Key West. OSS elected a one-year agreement to participate in the joint World Championship event. APBA has since merged with SBI creating SBI/APBA. COPRA recently announced a 5-year agreement with SBI/APBA to manage and conduct the World Championship races under SBI/APBA rules.

Q10? If this is the “World’s” will international teams be in Key West?

A10! SBI/APBA is the sole US offshore racing organization recognized by Union Internationale Motonautique (UI M). International teams that race with a UIM organization in their country can compete in the “World’s” under mutual UIM recognition, as long as their equipment is legal in the class in which they race.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Top 10 Q &A Regarding Key West Worlds

Hummmm that about sums it up, seems pretty simple to me.
Thanks Ken...
Old 04-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question 11 - Is there any chance that there will be a unified (OSS/APBA/SBI) worlds again in the next five years???
Old 04-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered

A11! Anything can happen...look at 2004. OSS opted for the one year contract in 2004 and apparently assumed they would be going back in 2005. However, it seems extremely unlikely that OSS, as an organization, will be going back to Key West. OSS racers are welcome....all they have to do is run two SBI/APBA National or Divisional races to qualify.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

I thought we killed this horse a few weeks ago?
Old 04-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are the APBA-SBI divisionals in the Northeast?
Old 04-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Anyone smart enough to read between the lines, GO SUPPORT A DVISIONAL.

Great thread Ken. Thank YOU!
It's DIVISIONAL. And yes we went over that as well.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Q6? What will it cost to run two SBI/APBA races to qualify for the World’s?

A6! If you run Divisional races, the cost for two races (boat registration, 2-racing crew memberships, 2-non-racing team memberships, and 2-race entry fees) is $2200. If you run National races, the cost for two races is $3450 to $6850, depending on which class you enter.

also 2006 registration fees for both boat and team when you get to KW.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Registered

Your right...you do have to pay 2006 boat registration fees and team membership before you can race in the Worlds. However, that also means that next season those fess are already paid and it will only cost you the $600 in entry fees to qualify for the 2006 worlds.

Any way you cut it...if you race with OSS, OPA or GLSC running two SBI/APBA Divisionals is the least expensive way to get a guaranteed ticket to Key West
Old 04-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I hear and understand your rules and yes they are very simple to follow if thats what you want to do as a team to race in KW. The problem is no one in OSS wants to agree to them so they have no problem racing somewhere else. Its not that big of a deal for OSS if we race in KW or somewhere else. Thank you very much for the offer but NO THANKS! Enjoy your 50 boats in 15 classes in KW. Your all UIM World Champions in my book.
MD

Quick Reply: Top 10 Q &A Regarding Key West Worlds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.