Notices

Super Cat Challenge

Old 06-22-2005, 01:11 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Cat Challenge

MERRITT ISLAND, Fl. – June 22, 2005 – CMS / Castaway offshore race team has announced a Super Cat Challenge to the following teams: Motley Crew, Peppers, Popeye’s, boat #27, Page, Ettore, Dirty Duck, and Show Time, for them to prove who the best teams are in Super Cat. CMS / Castaway partners Bob Bull and Mitch Miller have decided to provide each Super Cat Team with full 2005 equipment registrations as well as the Driver, Throttleman and two (2) crew members with full 2005 SBIP/APBA Memberships.
The Team (CMS / Castaway) will be offering an additional $10,000.00 in cash for the 1st Place winner of the 2005 Key West World Championship event held in Key West, November 13 – 20, 2005. Bob Stated “You never know what can happen in Key West, someone may get lucky again”.

“Bob and I just like to race and we enjoy the competition”, stated Mitch Miller the Driver of the CMS / Castaway race boat, “we would like to see everyone in our class start racing together again, I think this should clear up any issues the teams have regarding racing against us. We are both looking forward to seeing some more teams in Sarasota”.

For more information regarding the challenge, you can contact Bob Bull, Mitch Miller or the SBIP/APBA Offshore office.

###
Old 06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: Super Cat Challenge

I had heard that CMS was going to race in ST.Clair.Thats a good offer but Bob and Mitch know where the boats are,so come to St.Clair and run against the best in Cat Lite.I dont think anybody in this class needs their entry fee paid for.

Wil

PS
If you want to beat the best you have to start with Page and the defending national champion Joey Gratton.

Last edited by SVL4; 06-22-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,725 Likes on 3,793 Posts

Is this publish anywhere, on the SBI/APBA/WPR/UIM website??

then what about the rest of the classes will they pay the deals for them as well???
Old 06-22-2005, 02:03 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Pete B]Is this publish anywhere, on the SBI/APBA/WPR/UIM website??

then what about the rest of the classes will they pay the deals for them as well???[/QUOTE================

Pete ..I found this on http://www.superboat.com/news.cfm

Last edited by gdfatha; 06-22-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

thanks i gd, I found it.
I am sure this is a good will gesture but IMO Too little Too late, and to not include the other classes, certainly hurts any chance they have of making this work.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

What about the 2006 fees? and the 2 race minumum?? the following of the UIM rule??? For the sake of competition would CMS be willing to go over and race OSS Worlds?? The OSS teams would pay his way Im sure.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Registered

Bob and Mitch.... Its great to see someone come foward and at least make the effert and put up that type of money to try to get racers together...

Pete...you used to race....if the SCL guys are interested they will make the call to Mitch or Bob...if you personally feel you need a answer pick up the phone....

Wil....come on bud....weather anyone takes them up on this offer at least its being made....Some of you guys really need to look at what your writing....the biggest complaint from some OSS racers was the fee's....now there willing to cover it and put up money....and you say "I dont think anybody in this class needs their entry fee paid for".

How about we let the racers in that class decide....please...

Last edited by MANITIE; 06-22-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gdfatha
MERRITT ISLAND, Fl. – June 22, 2005 – CMS / Castaway offshore race team has announced a Super Cat Challenge to the following teams: Motley Crew, Peppers, Popeye’s, boat #27, Page, Ettore, Dirty Duck, and Show Time, for them to prove who the best teams are in Super Cat. CMS / Castaway partners Bob Bull and Mitch Miller have decided to provide each Super Cat Team with full 2005 equipment registrations as well as the Driver, Throttleman and two (2) crew members with full 2005 SBIP/APBA Memberships.
The Team (CMS / Castaway) will be offering an additional $10,000.00 in cash for the 1st Place winner of the 2005 Key West World Championship event held in Key West, November 13 – 20, 2005. Bob Stated “You never know what can happen in Key West, someone may get lucky again”.

“Bob and I just like to race and we enjoy the competition”, stated Mitch Miller the Driver of the CMS / Castaway race boat, “we would like to see everyone in our class start racing together again, I think this should clear up any issues the teams have regarding racing against us. We are both looking forward to seeing some more teams in Sarasota”.

For more information regarding the challenge, you can contact Bob Bull, Mitch Miller or the SBIP/APBA Offshore office.

###
Do you mean Popeyes Chicken #13? That is the boat in super cat light.
What race is the challenge for? My brother is the driver for Popeyes Chicken #13 and I think I can persuade him to take this challenge. Any more info you can give me would be great.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Registered

Gino,
Fair enough,just thought it would be easier for one team to join the majority than the other way around.Hopefully we,as fans,will see them all together at some point.Looking forward to see the new boat,congratulations.

Wil
Old 06-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Registered

Manitie I couldnt agree more....
Bob is trying to help the growth of this sport for cryin out loud. Reggie did it with Super V last year, puttin up 20 G's . Thats why I respect the SBI/APBA group.

Quick Reply: Super Cat Challenge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.