Too Many People to thank >

Too Many People to thank

Notices

Too Many People to thank

Old 10-10-2005, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too Many People to thank

This weekend in Camden, was way over the top. For a race that was almost cancelled, It turned out to be the largest race in the OPA season. First I need to thank John Haggin. I dont know why you were brought into our lives, but Bro we love you. I do finally understand, what you are all about. Family.
Wes Wyatt, for your support of this event.
Frank Kerbeck. Always there when you need him.
Ap Construction
The people of the Camden Water Front
NJ Offshore for all their help with race logistics
The other Ed Smith, for all his time spent working together with me this season.
All the brave soles that showed up to volunteer their time on the water and land Sunday, without you all, we could never have these events.
The racers themselves. Trust me I do know what you all go through to get to these events. We have been blessed with some new teams this year, and what wonderful people. It makes it all worthwile at the end of the day, just to see the BIG Smiles.
Momma and Toni........What can I say. We have had some bumps along the way, you two are unreal you just never know what they are up to.
The staff of AMF I think we have all gained 50 pounds.
My partner Augie......We have missed you. Congrtats on your National Title. You worked very hard for it, and we are all very proud of you. I am glad you got that out of your system.
Scotty B. Gotta love this stuff. You are the best
Ron, are you tired yet? One more time?
And lastly, my Son Anthony. This sport has brought a bond between a father and his son that I wish every Father had the oportunity to experience. At such a young age, I am so proud of you, and the way you carry yourself in this sport and in your life. You are a true Champion in my eyes and in my heart.
To the rest.........Stay tuned for things to come. We are already planning for next year. Thanks again to all, Smitty
Old 10-10-2005, 08:41 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Too Many People to thank

I also would like to thank all the above mentioned and to you as well Smitty!
Thanks for having the courage to step up to the plate and take the wheel of this organization!
Simply amazing what a difference a year can make with a new fearless leader!!!
Hats off to you!
After being up all night, the photos and videos of your event are now up online!
It was a wild ride this season!
Thank you!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Too Many People to thank

Eddie,

While you are thanking many as they deserve the THANKS that you are giving them I myself would like to THANK YOU along with "THE BIG SMILE" John Haggin for accomplishing what I feel is THE BIGGEST TURN OF EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF OFFSHORE POWERBOAT RACING PERIOD. The feet that you guys are accomplishing for next season and just in this race is absolutely amazing. Never before has someone taken the initiative to do something like this. I feel that say 10-20 years from now they will talk about an Eddie Smith and a John Haggin who did a GREAT THING for the sport of OFFSHORE POWERBOAT RACING. The really cool thing I can add to the conversation at that time will be was that "I WAS THERE FRIENDS". So THANK YOU both and please take a bow.

Your Friend,
Dennis P.Tracey
Old 10-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,722 Likes on 3,791 Posts

Bringing OPA and the BWORA togetheris exactly what grass roots racing needed to bolster thier fleet. It is Nice to see Mr.Haggin, Mr. Smith put on such a nice event, thank you for having Talk Offshore to broadcast the event. Great Job 2006 will be a outstanding year!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Racer
Racer

Eddie,
Things weren't looking too good before the race but you guy's
never had a doubt. I' ve never met a bunch of nicer, more dedicated and generous people in my life, and i couldn't be more happy things worked out so well. Looking foward to next year, thanks for the opportunity to race.

Louie "the rigger" Giancontieri
P3-6 Strictly Business
Old 10-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Ron, are you tired yet? One more time?
Smitty
Tired?? I'm always tired after a race weekend. It's hard being all jacked up for the weekend only to get back to work on Monday.

One more time???? What's up your sleeve now???

Of course! Looking forward to it.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Registered

The sweep boats must have had thier hands full !!!! literally !!

This was what i was running through on my way down to the race. I'm surprised i even made it through at a few spots. Ron almost had to use Tow Boat US for Pace Boat 2
Attached Thumbnails Too Many People to thank-camden-race-2005-001-large-.jpg   Too Many People to thank-camden-race-2005-003-large-.jpg   Too Many People to thank-camden-race-2005-007-large-.jpg  

Old 10-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Registered

couple more. this sailboat was moored just collecting chit.
Attached Thumbnails Too Many People to thank-camden-race-2005-006-large-.jpg   Too Many People to thank-camden-race-2005-005-large-.jpg  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Registered

Thanks OPA.We had a great time.John and Smitty,we are looking forward to 2006.Scoot B,keep up the good work.We thank you for the hospitality.

Wil
Old 10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Too Many People to thank

Everyone at OPA and AMF should be congratulated on organizing such a first class event.I cant even imagine all the behind the scenes work that it took to pull it off.It seemed that every race team;regardless of where they finished, had smiles on thier faces at the post race party.AMF has had such a positive impact on our sport; and thier unbelievable hospitality,sponsorship of the purse,and cool jackets,hats and shirts for the race teams was over the top!Cant thank everyone enough for a very memorable weekend.

Quick Reply: Too Many People to thank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.